Long John Silver's, LLCemployee's

My grandson has worked for your firm in Roanoke, Va for 14 years. He has been treated, and is being treated very shabby. He has been repeatedly bypassed for manager position. Gets meager hours, while others who have come to work far later in length of time, get lots of hours. Some often are smoking, talking, etc...while he is working, yet they get by with it, especially if they are female. One guy was fired several times, once for stealing, and yet was made a manager, and rehired several times, after being fired. My grandson has worked long hours, filled in on days off for others, and is a hard worker. He can do anything needed on the job, cooking, cashiering, anything. I know he is not a lazy person at all. I am quite upset about this. His boss uses all kinds of excuses to him, when he asks why he can't get more hours. I feel this is grossly unfair to him...Norma Campbell([protected]@yahoo.com)

• Updated by Norma Campbell, Jan 17, 2017

None as yet. Will do so at a later time.

Jan 17, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 18, 2017

If your grandson has worked somewhere for 14 years, he is an adult who does not need grandma fighting his battles. He needs to either suck it up, or get another job. And you need to mind your own business. He is grown.

• Mi
      Jan 18, 2017

Does your grandson know that you have posted about his work-related issues on a public website? I understand you are upset but he's an adult and you really shouldn't meddle in his workplace affairs. You may well have made his problems worse by posting your complaint for all to see.

Jul 06, 2017

I have eaten at LJS, for many years, I took my young grandson, there 06/28/17. The food was disgusting! I loved going there and never had a problem. in the past. My grandson, had the Cod, meal, it was over cooked, I had the platter fish and chicken, I always got that. The fish and chicken were soggy, not the crunch like
    I was used to. The fries, had several brown spots, and the coleslaw. tasted fishy. I ended up throwing most of our meals away. I have to wonder, if it is a new management? I was charged $14.63, I would appreciate getting a refund on those meals. I would love to return one day, but not until I find a better restaurant.
    If this is not the proper complaint's department, please forward to the right one. thank you, Janis Tipton
    I would appreciate a response ASAP!!