Lithia Toyota of Abilene / Toyota Prius / false fuel economy information

1 1399 S Danville DrAbilene, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (325) 793-3000

Posted fuel Economy Information on vehicle does not even come close to millage Posted. 60 mpg city, 51mpg Highway. Highest ever had was 48 avg first few weeks, then drop to 46 to 44age after.In Nov 2007 drop to 38avg and then has (drop to 34avg.) Dealership say it is performing to OEM SPECS, Claims they can not find any problems.This Auto only has 6517 mile on it.

As far as I am concern this is fraud by deception. I brought this Toyota PRIUS because of the fuel Economy. I knew to expect probably 5 miles avg less than what they post on the window of the car. I never dream in a thousand years that the Acture millage would drop to a avg of 15 miles below the lower end of the posted avg.

Va

Comments

• Bo
      1st of May, 2008

We just bought a 2008 Prius and it was advertised at 48 City, 44 highway. It's about as advertised so far.

• Ro
      22nd of May, 2008

Toyota does not decide what MPG goes on the window sticker. Its determined and mandated by the EPA.

• Ta
      17th of Jun, 2009

you r SOL with this dealership. Your problem started when you bought the car from them! I have delt with them once on a job that cost me $7, 000. Service manager was the worst! Never deal with these people...it starts from the salesman to the general manager.