Lightinthebox.com / order not recieved

China Review updated:

In November of 2008 I began searching for a company who sold NFL jerseys at a discounted price. I gathered 82 friends and compiled an order for 143 NFL jerseys.

I contacted Lightinthebox.com and due to the order size was referred to a man they called Jack. After a series of emails and lists of desired jerseys, we finally worked out an order they could fulfill. The price given per jersey was $19.98 and they agreed to pay the cost of the Western Union transfer ($26.00) and Jack said I could deduct $40.00 for two free jerseys for doing the legwork in putting the order together. The final amount sent was $2791.00 and was transferred on December 3rd of 2008.

Within two days of taking our money, Jack came back and said he needed $300 more or he would be fired. He said he was wrong for making the order and couldnt sleep, ect. I told him that he should send back our money but then reversed his position and said he would make it right. Then after many days of emails back and forth asking for order numbers from them, tracking numbers, ect... he sent me an email with a shippig list that would span two shipments over two days.

To date I have received a total of 66 jerseys and the remaining jerseys ar still unaccounted for. The first 4 boxes were shipped on December 17th and made it to my doorstep in 4 days via DHL, however the remaining jerseys which were to be shipped on the 18th were never sent. I have sent repeated emails, phone calls, and IM's trying to get answers. I have used their chat and contact info on their website only to get run around and brushed off by the persons on the other end.

I have found that their offices (US phone numbers) come from the 650 area code in the US which is in the San Fransico area in CA. and I will be making contact with the BBB in CA to see what can be found out about them there.

It is my opinion that if a company were to do business like this in the USA, they would be in litigation up to their necks within a week. If you want to buy from Lightinthebox it is a gamble in my opinion. If they do send the remainder of my order I will return here and remove or retract this post.

Comments

Sl
  14th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
lightinthebox sucks and spams. Don't buy from lightinthebox. They also hide their outragous shipping cost!
Ch
  23rd of Feb, 2009
please try www.onthesource.com if you found lightinthebox is not good.
Ev
  27th of Apr, 2009
but why now select paypal as the payment method? i had order lot of nfl jerseys from www.stylesell.cn, they run a good business, so far i am very pleased to doing business with them
An
  24th of Jan, 2010
try overstock.com or amazon it really works my friends recommended it to me.
Ri
  9th of Feb, 2013
Any company that calls a US size 10 an XXL is a bit daft to begin with...a waste of time. !!

Light In The Box Logo Light In The Box