Liberty Tax / preparer did 2005 return wrong and then in 12/06 got letter owing irs over $3600.

1 Hixson, TN, United States Review updated:

They did our taxes at this office for 2004, 2005 and 2006.in december 2006, got letter from irs saying we had made more money in 2005 then they showed on our return. Had my copies of what we had given them to prepare return with, and they had also copies of this information. Well, they didn't return my calls or help us, got voice mail from owner of this franchise saying it was his mistake and that he would help. They double check for accuracy (hah) and he sent me a check for $140 dollars finally after several calls, where I left voice mails, so I finally called corporate and they said he would lose his franchise and they would send me the penalty and interest owed. Took over two months to get this, and now am wooried about hearing that they also did our 2006 wrong. We now make monthly payments to the irs thanks to them, and the lady who checked our taxes at this office now has opened as a independent tax preparer - good luck to any who use this office in hixson.

Comments

• Dr
      9th of Feb, 2009

I used the Liberty Tax Service in Worthington, MN they said that I would be approved for the RAL product (Denied). I got the Debit Card as well (called over five times never get a hold of an agent and account locked). They said I will be getting only 932 back well I entered my info into turbo tax and they said 1061 back. Whats up with this. I have filed a [redacted] and will be letting the IRS know.

Mexican family owned franchise with there 10 year old son as secretary of the business. I should of walked out...

• Wi
      12th of Oct, 2009

So Paula exactly what is your complaint? It's not Liberty's fault that you owe the actual taxes themselves, if they had done the return correctly in the first place you would still be making payments to the IRS. And they stood by their guarantee to cover the interest and penalties and took care of that for you. So it sounds like you're complaining that they are human and made a mistake. Fair enough, but at least they resolved the problem for you.