Liberty Tax / preparer did 2005 return wrong and then in 12/06 got letter owing irs over $3600.
They did our taxes at this office for 2004, 2005 and 2006.in december 2006, got letter from irs saying we had made more money in 2005 then they showed on our return. Had my copies of what we had given them to prepare return with, and they had also copies of this information. Well, they didn't return my calls or help us, got voice mail from owner of this franchise saying it was his mistake and that he would help. They double check for accuracy (hah) and he sent me a check for $140 dollars finally after several calls, where I left voice mails, so I finally called corporate and they said he would lose his franchise and they would send me the penalty and interest owed. Took over two months to get this, and now am wooried about hearing that they also did our 2006 wrong. We now make monthly payments to the irs thanks to them, and the lady who checked our taxes at this office now has opened as a independent tax preparer - good luck to any who use this office in hixson.
More Liberty Tax Complaints & Reviews
- Liberty Tax Service - abuse/fraud against franchise owner 
- Liberty Tax Service - charged to much for 1040ez tax form 
- Liberty Taxes - deceptive business practices! 
- Liberty Tax Service - overcharge & no fee disclosure 
- Liberty Tax Service - bad business practices 
- Liberty Tax Service - 2017 taxes over charge
- Liberty Tax Service - 4 months later and no return
- Liberty Tax Service - unethical behaviour/dishonesty
- Liberty Tax Service - federal taxes 
- Liberty Tax Service - tax preparation for 2017 tax year