The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Liberty Tax — money back guarantee
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I filed my 2008 return at Liberty Tax in Angier, NC. They automatically deducted their fees from my IRS refund and stated I could not have a copy of my 2008 taxes until they received payment from the IRS, as a result I was unable to review my tax return. My taxes had multiple errors on them, one of which the IRS notified me in writing about. I complained to the office and another tax preparer at the office attempted to amend my return. She called me and stated she wasn't able to amend my returns for the IRS, NC state, and WV state. The office manger gave me my ENTIRE file so that I could have my amendments filed elsewhere. The owner of the office, after many attempts to contact and complaints, finally called me and stated he would refund my fee which was approximately $565.00. I gave him 30 days to send the refund. The company offers a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied. I did not receive a refund and the 30 days have since passed. I have filed a small claims suit, contacted the BBB, and the Attorney Generals office. I encourage anyone else with complaints against Liberty Tax to do the same.
More Liberty Tax Complaints & Reviews
- Liberty Tax Service - abuse/fraud against franchise owner
- Liberty Tax Service - charged to much for 1040ez tax form
- Liberty Taxes - deceptive business practices!
- Liberty Tax Service - overcharge & no fee disclosure
- Liberty Tax Service - bad business practices
- Liberty Tax Service - everything
- Liberty Tax Service - exhorbitant charges
- Liberty Tax Service - non-payment for work.
- Liberty Tax Services - will not uphold written policy
- Liberty Tax Service - unfair treatment of employees