LGI Homes / high pressure dealership type sales/ poor customer service

1 Houston, TX, United States

Beware, high pressure sales tactics. They have a system and it takes an hour before you get to see a home. You will go through steps for first time home buyer (I am not and they were aware I own 3 homes), answers their questions in a prompted manner and tour the neighborhood even if you do not want to. I am single and they made me see all family amenities before seeing a home. At the home, they will show the final payment but not all fees related...i.e interest rates. I was shown a house I had no interest in because it was LGI's progression. The final house I was asked if they payment would work just as a dealership does without releasing interest rates. Then you are asked to sign a document stating your intent to buy. When I hesitated, my rep used other tactics to get me to sign. I found out upon further research, LGI's preferred lender was charging 1% higher than my lender. When telling my rep I was disappointed and it was dishonest to not release all numbers, I received his text response: "I am sorry you felt this way. Don't ever question my integrity, I do NOT lie. We moved in 157 families last year and I did lie to one of them" (not a typo and is written just as I received).

Mi