Lg Refrigerator Lfx28978st / black friday scam

1 Alexandria Ashburn Serling, VA, United States Review updated:

Home Depot had an LG Refrigerator (LFX28978ST) on sale on Black Friday for $1898.00 dollars. This was $801.00 off the original price of $2699.00. The only problem was this, no stores in Northern Viriginia had any on Black Friday other than the display model. The sales people were great on showing you the model, and when you wanted to purchase it there was none available. They always offered a different LG model at a higher price also. I first tried to buy it on line on Black Friday, the Home Depot website stated I could not. I than started my hunt for the LG Refrigerator (LFX28978ST)four different locations in my area with no success. I continued through Monday, 11/29/10 when the sale would end with no success. I wrote a complaint to Home Depot Customer Service on 11/28/10 stating I was never going to do business with them again, I would buy my new refrigerator elsewhere. A sale person from the local Home Depot called me on 11/30/10 and stated they read my complaint and were wanted me to buy a different LG model they had in stock, but not the one my wife and I liked and looked at the stores. I told them this was a no go, why settle for less!

Comments

• As
      11th of Dec, 2010

We had the same issue in NJ with the same model number. Spoke to the manager and informed him he had to take the sign down because it was false and misleading advertising and proceeded to answer us with an attitude. We gave up on Home Depot and made our purchase in Best Buy that same day and had it delivered within 10 days.

• Ke
      3rd of Feb, 2011

Echo the same availability issue here in Florida. The only difference is that the HD salesperson told us upfront that it was out of stock and would not be available for delivery until 2/01/2011. Since we still had an operating unit we opted to take advantage of the price and wait for delivery. It was delivered on the 1st and appears to have been worth the wait.