LG Refrigerator / worst purchase + worst customer service

1 GTA, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

It's a bottom freezer refrigerator model LBN20518ST. 1 year and 1 months after buying this fridge broke: temperature controls broke and the fridge wouldn't cool. That's when my disastrous customer service experience with LG started.
As directed by LG customer service, spent $300 CAD on service call and replacing main board. The new board was fried in 2 hours after replacement. The problem is known and well documented in the fridge owner reviews even on LG's own website (I wish they had it posted before I bought).
Customer service was deceptive and unprofessional: lied about unreceived faxes, calls they never made, actions they later refused to take. After 2 months of deception and promises they bounced me back to the seller who has nothing to do with the manufacturing/assembly problem. In meantime, I have family of 5 living with Whirpool 3.2 cu ft. that I bought as a temp solution while they kept promising.
Complete lemon!!!
No LG appliances or LG electronics for me EVER!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Comments

• Su
      19th of Dec, 2010

It is korean firm initially launched as Goldstar and it really did not pick up. Later they launched themselves as LG with very attractive Logo. People go after the Logo only and the advertisements. Even my refrigerator is LG450 litres it also gets hot and doesnot cut-off. So I did some research work and found the problem. Switch off the referigerator and remove the power plug. Now remove the bottom cover giving access to the compressor and the hot coils(condenser), the condenser has to remain well ventilated all the time, good companies provide forced ventilation by means of a fan. The coils(condenser) to be regularly cleaned of any dust for good heat transfer. In this way my refrig. is running', touch wood, for past 7 years. Do not buy Whirlpool or LG. Go for Toshiba for that matter any japanese brands will suffice.