LG India / faulty tv!

1 India Review updated:

I bought LG TV over the internet from LGezbuy order # 231605, that was the biggest mistake that I ever made. Living in US for so long, i thought that like how things are bought here over the internet, it would be the same for india, but I forgot, India can never change. LG being such a big company, should have better service.

Its not been even a month and the TV sound system is bad, and LG tell me that they don't have the parts to repair it and don't know when they would get it. It looks like that they have sent me an old system since they sent me a mail when I ordered this TV that they didn't have the model available. Now when I tell them to change the TV they that they cannot since I have used it for a month and don't know how long I have to wait to get this resolved.

I know that never again I will buy for LG again...

Comments

• Kr
      27th of Jul, 2007

Hello Vijay I too have same complaint and my situation is even worse, I bought an LG 285 liter refrigerator from day 1 the set did not work. First when I requested LG customer care to send a technician they obliged only after 4 days of wait (I had to bear all this non sense in sweltering heat of KOLKATA). On inspection their technician told me that there is a leakage in the compressor, on enquiring how many days will it take to replace the unit they did not have any answer and gave me some contact number that no one ever picks in LG office. At present I am at mercy of LG India to bear the heat with no definitive answer from their end. I am really disappointed with my experience with LG and would make it a point to write to different forums including Infosys bulletin board so that some people will be spared the harassment courtesy L FG India. Thanks Krishnendu

• Sd
      31st of Jul, 2007

i am damn irretated with the service back up, its been 45 days they have not been able to repair my split AC, i live in gurgaon, I hope things improve with them or else its going to be very difficult to keep a relation with them. i wanna now throw all lg appliance from my house (3 fridgs, 19 AC, 4 TVS washing machines)

• Ji
      9th of Aug, 2007

Very much true. LG is supply inferior quality material.

8th of Oct, 2007

Hi, I have another kind of a problem. I bought a LG TV Flatron Golden Eye TV on 25th Sept from a dealer in Mumbai. Last week it got automatically Turned off. Its been more than 5 days that there is no response from LG. Then i asked for a replacement and it seems LG does not have another piece as of now. How is such a thing possible. I have heard so good things about LG customer service, but this is a real bad experience.

28th of Aug, 2008

To
    The Head
    LG services
    India

Subject; Regarding My complaint ID No S8C81701788 dated 17th august 2008.S8C72502276 on 25th July 2008

I am Santhosh Shetty writing from Mysore. I have purchased LG Color TV model No 21FD5WGE-TB, 803DREX004004 DATED/04/05/2008 . Since from the beginning, I am unable to watch TV properly. Within the three and half month four times TV was dysfunctional. Whenever I have given the complaint to the customer care I have received message saying that within 24 hours your matter will be settled. But as on the day this is the 11th day from the compliant. I have not received any message about my TV status. When I called the Mysore head Mr. SURJITH ANNAND he has told me that within half an hour your TV will replaced. I told them I am lodging the compliant to the consumer court. For that also he said Ok. But after four hour when I called to his mobile No 09986506116 he has not answered and cut the phone.

AFTER THIS INCIDENT I CALLED TO YOUR CUSTOMER CARE NEW DELHI THEY HAVE GIVEN THIS EMAIL ID.
    THIS IS MY LAST EFFORT

NOW THE ONLY WAY THAT I AM REGISTERING THE COMPLIANTE TO CONSUMMER COURT

Santhosh shetty
    Mysore
    94482 154 87 ( you can call at 11.45 am to 12 noon and 1.15 pm to 2 pm and evening after 5.15 pm - in between you can send the only message)

18th of Aug, 2009

LG is also becoming a fraud company. Number provided on website not working. online complaint registration not working. Customer care does not know anything.

Total dissatisfaction.
    never Buy LG product.

I am planning to file a cse against them in consumer court. If you also want to do same, contact me at man123@indiatimes.com