LG Electronics / Zenith DVB412 / poor customer service!
My DVB412 set top DVD player worked fine for a two years. My kids have a Thomas and the Magic Railroad DVD they love. After a year of working fine (2 to 3 times per week) it started giving a cannot play region 1 disk error (but would still play other region 1 disks). The Zenith site gave a fix for the DVB312 for this problem. I e-mailed a question (would this work) and the answer was call customer service. This is poor - how about answering the question - I was very explicit in the email. I called the Customer Service line 3 times. The first time I was cut off during the service rep asking basic information. The second the (different) service rep was very sure that I need to download new firmware (or a driver he called it a few times). There is no firmware or drivers on the site for this DVE player. The third time I was told that yes, there are no drivers or firmware for the DVB412, but I needed to send it in for service (for $69 for a quote plus parts) to get it fixed AND I was told that the DVB312 fix would NOT work - do not try it. This seemed excessive so after surfing a bunch of other sites and seeing that many people recommended the DVB312 fix for the DVB412 I tried it and it fixed the player. I never got any correct information from the customer service line (and they were VERY sure of themselfs). I almost got cheated out of a significant part of the cost of a new DVD player when all I needed to do was reset my current player.
I see no reason to ever call the customer service number again - each call is answered with different and WRONG information and all they want to do is see if they can extract some extra $$ from the customers with un-required service.
More LG Electronics / Zenith DVB412 Complaints & Reviews
- LG Refrigerator - anyone who bought an lg refrigerator has run into this problem 
- LG Refrigerator - faulty control board 
- Lg / Dishwasher - nasty smell! 
- Lgmedsupply - lgmedsupply commits fraud! 
- LG Canada - warranty service 
- LG Electronics - very bad customer support in egypt
- LG Electronics - lg 49" 4k tv
- LG - lack of consideration on doing responsibilities from lg representative
- LG Electronics - after sales service
- LG Electronics - deplorable warranty repair scheduling service