LG / dryer

We bought an LG dryer for $1200 on April 7th. We just moved, and the first time we tried to use it on April 29th it didn't work. We called and someone tried to talk us through a fix. Called again, tried to talk us through, didn't work. A repairman came on Friday the 5th of May, but he was supposed to come from 1:00 to 5:00, and he came sometime earlier without calling or any notification and left a note that he had been here. We were at work and never had a call. He came back on May 6th and said he would have to order a part. Just yesterday we got notification that they ordered the part. I called customer service to see if anything could be done to rush it or get a new dryer or SOMETHING, but they said the part would take a week to 10 days to order. In the mean time we have a family of 5 with two teenagers, and have been to a laundromat once already. Now we have to wait another week or more and will have to go again this weekend. This is absolutely not right that a new dryer would be broken from day one and no one seems to care at all. I called them and they said we will just have to wait for the part. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was on hold for 20 minutes and was told that there was nothing they could do. I am astounded at the lack of care or customer service that LG is giving us. I have used their TVs and computers before and was very happy with the service. Apparently the appliance department leaves a lot to be desired. The supervisor didn't care a bit that we have been through this. She was bored and not at all in sympathy, but just kept saying "sorry, there is nothing I can do". Well, we are not happy and will never again trust an LG product. At least not an appliance. The customer service is non existent, and the product is shoddy and there is absolutely no avenue of help for anyone with a problem. The very least they could do is to offer a rebate of some kind for all the trouble and money it is costing us to keep going to a laundromat. Not a good way to spend the weekend with a new $1200 dryer sitting useless in the garage.

Br