Having problems with LG Electronics?

8800 200 7676 (Russia)
800 545 454 (South Africa)
80 054 (UAE)
+82 264 564 337 (Head Office, South Korea)
+1 800 243 0000 (United States)
+44 344 847 5454 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 054 2273 (Australia)
+43 800 080 040 (Austria)
+32 15 200 255 (Belgium)
+42 810 555 810 (Czech Rebuplic)
+45 78 796 454 (Denmark)
+358 80 005 454 (Finland)
+31 900 543 5454 (Netherlands)
+351 808 785 454 (Portugal)
+852 35 437 777 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 120 555 (Singapore)
+966 800 244 2929 (Saudi Arabia)
+90 444 6543 (Turkey)
+54 800 888 5454 (Argentina)
LG Twin Towers, 20, Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu

Canada
20 Norelco Drive. North York, ON M9L 2X6 Canada
Phone: +1 647 253 2510

United Kingdom
LG house 250 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX U.K.
1000 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Austria
Office Campus Gasometer, Guglgasse 15, Bauwerk 4a/Stock 5&6, A-1110 Wien, Austria

Belgium

Jakob-Kaiser Strasse 12, 47877 Willich, Germany

Finland
Ayritie 12 A 01510 Vantaa Suom

France
Paris Nord II 117, Avenue des Nations-B.P. 59372 Villepinte 95942 Roissy CDG CEDEX, France

Greece
Ethnarhou Makariou St. Delta Paleo Faliro P.O. Box 77331 GR17501 Paleo Faliro, Athens, Greece

Hungary

Lysaker Torg 15 Postboks 275 1326 Lysaker

Poland
ul. Woloska 22, Mokotow Nova, 02-675 Warszawa, Poland

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte - Edificio D. Amelia Rua Vitor Camara, 2 Piso 2, 2770-229 Paco de Arcos, Portugal

Romania

Complejo Europa Empresarial, Ctra. N-VI Km 24, 28230, Las Rozas (Madrid), Spain

Sweden
P.O. Box 83 Esbogatan 18 SE-164 94 Kista, Sweden

China
20th Floor, West Tower, Twin Towers, B-12, Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, PRC
Hong Kong
6F, 633 Building, 633 King's Road North Point, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 29 095 172

India
Plot No.51, Udyog Vihar, Phase-2 Surajpur-Kasna Road Greater, Noida U.P (201306), India

Japan
Kyobashi Trust Tower 15F, 2-1-3 Kyobashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8301, Japan

Singapore
6 Temasek Boulevard #10-01 Suntec Tower 4, Singapore, 038986

Israel
11 Galgaley Haplada St. Herzeliya 46733, Israel

Saudi Arabia
Sary street, Al Khaledya District, 101 building, 5th floor, 3355 Al Khalidyah unit 5, Jeddah 23423 - 8940, Saudi

South Africa
LG House, Rand Airport Road, Raceway Industrial Park Monte Carlo Drive, Gosforth Park, Germiston 1419 PO Box 973, Alberton 1450, South Africa

Turkey
Kaptanpasa Mah. Piyalepasa Bulvari No:14 Okmeydani Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey

UAE
P.O. Box 61445, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.

Argentina
Av. Del Libertador 498-Piso 22 (C1001ABR) - Capital Federal, Argentina

Brazil
Market Place Tower 2, Av. Dr Chucri Zaidan, 940-3rd Floor, Vila Cordeiro, Sao Paulo-SP, CEP04583-110

Mexico
Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, No.555, Col. San Lorenzo, Tlalnepantla, Estado de Mexico, C.P.54033, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

bad service

We bought a 2007 LG washing machine at Home Depot. In 2010 it broke down. the LG repairman told us that the part that broke down was a water pump manufactured in 2001!!! Home Depot tells us that's unacceptable. LG tells us too bad.

touch screen not working

The touch screen on my phone is not responding to the related icon. I purchased my phone on 12-18-2010. My At&t paper stated there's a one(1) year Manufacturers warranty. However, after contacting AT&T, I was told that the small oval dark spot(1/2 inch) that is visible on the center of the screen when the phone is off is cause from the phone "bleeding" FROM THE INSIDE. So, the DAMAGE is not covered. I did not drop nor use my phone carelesly!! I bought an AT&t phone because I want a quality product. NOW, I A SO DISAPPOINTED!!! IF MY PHONE IS NOT REPLACE IT WILL CANCEL MY CONTACT AND EVER BUY NOR USE ANY AT&T PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!

bad service in lg syria

i have bought refrigerators with 5 year warranty (800$)from grewatti group in syria (mahmalgi distribution) and when the tape of the freezer is crash (magnetic tap of the door of the device did not work very will after one year of buying your product ) the customer service in Syria refuse to fix the problem with bad dealing with the consumer or end user and this occur will harm the reputation of lg in Syria

after manny calles to the custmer services in syria they came and put hot watter on the door of the freezr and this is not usefull and then they did not care about any complaines of us ...
is this is real warrenty????????
Jamal hima
syria -damascus
[protected]@ymail.com
with best regards
23/Oct/2010

f*ing service of company

i brought LG washing machine from Vandana Distributors nashik. it took 2 days to deliver the machine at my door step.
i called customer care they told me one of the service engineers will contact me in 3 hours & in 24 hours the demo & installation will be done.an engineer named SAGAR (mob:[protected]) called me n said that he will be coming @5 pm at my house, then around 5:30 i had to call him so he said he'll come tomorrow around 11am. next day i called him around 1pm he said he is out of station he will send another man, he called me around 4:30 pm he said he will come around 11am next day.next day i called him i called directly customer care, a guy named SALMAN attented my called saying he is sorry on behalf for the late service, he said the installation will be done maximum till evening & he gave me nasik's head services a lady named mrs patil(mob:[protected]). i called her around 6pm, she said it will be done same day before 8pm but a person mr X(mob:[protected]) said he will come around 11am next day. next day i called mr X around 12noon he said that company is loads of customer to attend so it takes time, he will reach me around 1pm.
after that i called again customer care n they gave my no. to service center in nasik { [protected]}. then a person named SANDEEP called me saying that service engineer will come at my place exactly @ 2pm.
but once again it didnt happen, then i called at service center([protected]) around 3 pm, I dont remember the persons name that picked up my call he said service engineer will come but i said that i want to speak to their service manager so he transfered call to service manager his name is BALERAO. he said that they have loads of customers to attain then there were some rude words exchanged and at the end he said "Tumne koi esaan nahi kiya LG ki machine leke" [censored]ing son of B****.
After few i gotta call from earlier service engineer SAGAR ( mob:[protected]) he said he will be coming around 3:45 pm.
he came at that time n while showing demo he said " we have loads of customer to attend" then i said " in todays competitive world nobody( read customers) waits for any company"
then SAGAR replied " tumne LG ki machine kharidi hai LG company ko nahi"
see the way talk to their customers [censored]ing son of B****.
i would rather say purchase from samsung or some other non reputed company, they will give good service.
LG means LOWER GRADE [censored]ing S**T company

• As
    ashwini.s.swami May 03, 2012

aapki LG company bahuot hi khrab hai aapki sarvice to akdam bekar hai maine phele LG ka LCD TV leya 1 month ke anderhi khrab dhikhne lga baad may washing machine le 2 month may he khrab ho gayi ab dhukanme complent ki hai to sarvice thik se nahi detehai 1 sal ke aander hi TV aur MACHINE khrab hogaye

• Se
    seema mann Jul 14, 2014

Hmari machine me pta nhi kya hua 15 din pahle kpde wash kiye the or ab on hi nhi ho rhi...

leakage from machine

I HAVE PURCHASED MACHINE DATED 8-3-2009.THERE HAS A LEAKAGE FROM MACHINE AT THE BOTTOM . PL Z GIVE A COMPLAINT NO. AND ATTEND THE COMPLAINT .ADDRESS-MILIND SURESH KULKARNI 1-13 CHANDRASHEKHAR SOCIETY S.N ROAD ANDHERI EAST NEAR FLY OVER BRIDGE MUMBAI -69.MOBILE NO.-[protected]..LAND LINE NO.022-[protected].

• Pr
    P.R.C.Murthy Mar 18, 2011

Dear Sir,
    I purchased the Fully Automatic Washing machine Model F-1056 LDP. bearing SL.No: 908 PNEB 70844 on 29-10-2009 with a warranty of 24 months.

Recently it is noticed that the water is leaking during washing is going on. It is also noticed that the Gasket Inside line had a little broken edge. Address: Flat No: G-2, Gayathri Residency, R.R.Nagar, Old- Bowenpally, Secunderabad -500011, A.P. Contact No: 9505051495

Kindly do the needful Immediately.
    Ramachandra Murthy

• Mm
    M Murugesan May 10, 2014

This may happen in random

cooling system not working

We have purchased LG refrigerator 195 SADG5 on 29-03-2010.
the problem with the refrigerator is that the cooling system is not at all working.
Please look into the matter as soon as possible.

• Gr
    GrowlrM Oct 14, 2010

My expoerience ( not personal, through friends) has been that LGs are not the most reliable refers available. I have a samsung and have been very happy with it.

after sale service

RE LGWM80490NPR - FULLY AUTO- WASHING MACHINE - SERIAL NO 812AW00335

I purchased the above machine from your Sri lanken dealer ABANS (PVT) LTD Peliyagoda Branch on 6th April, 2009. It was working in perfect order for sometime and I admit it. However, it was giving trouble last July this year. As the machine was now out of order – I took it to Abans Service Department for servicing. There, I was given a work shop Job card in which the fault was marked as ‘PCB FAULT’ and the cost of the job I was told, would be around Rs.19, 000/- (180 $ )

I was shocked to see the Bill as I was expecting a minor amount for replacing some spare part or two, but having to replace a total Unit after purchasing and using merely 1 ½ year is something I cannot accept. I complained to Mr.janka Hettiarachchi ( GM- Technical ) about this and requested me to pay Rs.18000/=. ( 173 $ ) I have also written to LG mother company about this matter and they have requested me to send my postal address.

It is only a few months after lapsing the guarantee period and I feel it is very unfair to charge me for a complete unit. Being such an esteemed organization and LG being a such a reputed Brand – I feel something fishy in this affair.
I check with electronics engineer', he says it has only IC fault ( IC No is KID 650004AP ).BUT YOUR SRI LANKEN AGENT TRY TO REPLACE TOTAL PCB UNIT INSTEAD OF ABOVE IC BECAUSE OF THEIR BAD BUSINESS SYSTEM

Therefore, I appeal to you to intervene in this matter and grant me some redress.

Yours faithfully,

Lalith Bandara
[protected]@gmail .com
[protected]

defective product

We purchased a LG Dishwasher Model # LDS5811BB from Home Depot in Jan of 2007 as part of a package of appliances (all LG god help us) including washer (of moldy/musty stink repute), dryer (least problems of all, only two service calls) refrige (the defective french door model with false energy star rating) and last but not least the famous defctive dishwasher (so many service calls @ 10-12 it is literally worn out from being repaired).
The dishwashers motor failed in the first 3 months of use and was replaced by LG under waranty (LG now denys ever making the repair as it would help establish my case for wanting the unit replaced as defective and possibly dangerous.) The subsequent repairs ranged from; error codes, failure to operate cycles, a failed fill valve, failure to drain issues leaving the dishwasher full of water or in some cases a foul smelling slime in the bottom of the sump area, failure to properly clean the dishes after fully running through the cycle, the build up of a white mineral like accumulation on the glasses in the last few months (even when liquid dish washer detergent and rinse agent is used, to the most recent and frightening to issues involving a burnt wiring smells and the shorting out of a wire in the door area and subseqently the actual meltdown of one of the control modules and the wiring harness. This last event resulted in the unit smelling like it was actually on fire @ 1 am at which time I received an electrical shock when I opened the door to see if something was actually burning and touched the stainless steel interior . I immediatly went to the breaker panel and threw the dedicated dishwasher breaker (which was still not tripped) and removed the metal door front panel and the plastic control panel at the top of the door to be sure nothing was still on fire. When I removed the metal panel you could smell the burning wires and electronics, when I took off the plastic door front you could see where the left most module had melted along and the wires from the harness going to the module had actually burnt off completely and arced to the metal door which gave me the shock.
My story is a little different than most because by some miracle/stroke of luck I bought a Home Depot extended waranty when purchasing the appliances (the first and only extended waranty in my life & I'm 48). At this point the waranty company is once again repairing the diswasher at their expense but we are no longer willing to have it in the house because it is defective and a fire hazzard. I have repeatedly contacted LGs "customer service" boiler room and burnt up hours of their time & mine but they will do absolutely nothing because I have an extended service contract, their lower level managers actually expressed a willingness to replace the unit, which the supervisor immediatly downgraded to "pro-rating" due to age (a three year olf LG appliance is apparantly the equivalent of an antique), which the head of customer service then downgraded to "we might do something if you can have the extended service contract administrator call us and document/prove everything you said went wrong actually did" this was apparently done because they had no record of LG replacing the defective motor under the 1 year waranty, so ... I must be lying... they claim the motor was never replaced but will not specifically say I am lying. I am particularly frustrated because the diswasher will be completely rebuilt and my wife and I can't keep it in the house (esp with 4 kids) and I can't in good concience sell it (I do occasional kitchen renovations and have sold and or donated numerous good working appliances in the past but never thought one might burn down someone's house. So I guess we will be out of pocket $500 -700 for a new dishwasher plus the loss of a still good extended service contract through 2012 due to LG absolute disregard for customer safety muchless corporate responsibility or goodwill.

I end this particular entry with the promise that like everyone else here that my wife and I will never purchase or reccomend any LG product and that we will also will go out of our way to inform everyone we come in contact with what a horrible company LG is and what junk LG products are. I am a small contractor specializing in home inspection, property maintenance and renovations, my wife is a interior designer specializing in mid to high end kitchen and bath design, an yes we are kicking ourselves for buying LG we probably should have known better but, there is some satisfaction in knowing we will tell hundreds of people directly about LG . I hope that you all stick to you guns and don't give up on a class action suit ( I hate law suits nor am I fond of lawyers) but it may be the only way to get any satisfaction from LG.

PS We have also logged a complaint with the FTC and BBB for what ever good it may do. We will also review LG on Home Depot and Lowes web sites and recommend everyone review the products badly on every site you can find that sells LG... Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Appliance stores etc. people do read these befor buying and it hurts LG in their pocket!!!

• Lg
    LGpissed Sep 09, 2011

There are many thousands of us with a nearly identical story - including us, and we just bought our all LG kitchen (god help us too) a little over a year go. WHERE THE HELL ARE THE CLASS ACTIONS AGAINST THIS COMPANY!!! Are they being protected because they are a Korean firm and Korea is a strategic national security partner for that corner of the world or what? The internet is littered with irate people like us (we are at 6 weeks and counting - doing dishes by hand, with at least another 2 weeks left before the repair on our steam dishwasher is complete, after all three circuit boards went out 14 months after purchase!). I keep scouring the web looking for a lawsuit, as I sit on hold or talk to LG people who are powerless to do anything it seems - I've had two of their customer service people and one of their company repair techs tell me to buy something else and that this company is a nightmare to deal with for both consumers and repair techs... If there is an attorney out there willing to take up the cause I will pay for the website setup and metadata work to attract the owners that are waiting for an LG Dishwasher class action!

Mark Lafay Mar 17, 2012

Same story here. Not sure what model dishwasher but ours started leaking from the bottom of the door. Many service calls and battles with LG service (Horrible Horrible service). Out service guy finally said he could not repair the unit. I finally figured out that you needed to tell LG that the unite was unrepairable, then they replaced the dishwasher. They would not do a thing until you said the words unrepairable. So they gave us a new washer. OK for a while then the same leak came back. They then changed The motor and door. Still leaked, changed just the motor. Still leaked. SO, WE THREW OUT THE LG WASHER. DID NOT EVEN TRY TO SELL IT (THAT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT). Bought a Bosch dishwasher. The LG never cleaned well. The Bosch cleans great! We even put a casserole dish in with baked on cheese and whatnot. It came out spotless. LG products stink in my opinion. Went through similar thing with a re-fridge. They ended up replacing it and it has been OK. Although today a door shelf brOKe off and it is costing $50 to replace. It is very flimsy and poorly constructed. LG IS OUT!

poor service

buying time saying so many promises lg service is best than other brand but what lg says why not showing in action. 2 june 2010 I uyes a lg A/C from pondy dealer. Now last one week we called for service there is no response from them. A/c is not cooling the room . The temp is automatically rising. Can the technisian come and look it please.

• Bh
    Bhaskar Bhatade Jun 08, 2007

I am fed up with their service. I have purchased washing Machine from Vijay Sales, Thane (E ), on third June they delivered it but not installed & Demo Vijay Sales peoples are misguiding us, saying daily coming tomorrow. I am regular customer of LG &I buy 2 AC's in 2006 but not even get yearly Free services yet. Vijay sales peoples are saying there is problem from LG Only.

touch pad not working

I had purchased a LG hand set GS 290 bearing No: [protected] from UniverCell -Express Avenue Branch vide their Invoice No: P.EAV/894on 28/Aug/2010 thru my HDFC debit card. This hand set was working well until yesterday ie Wednesday 6/10/2010 evening all of sudden the the touch pad started functioning like crazy- if I press contacts it display message, like wise auto key lock doesnt operate with touch screen it had to be opened with help of side buton. like wise lot of malfunction was found in the hand set.
Hence I approached the seller ie UniverCell show room where I did not get a very good response over my greivance, they had informed me that their role was only to sell the product and regarding service and complaint he gave me a couple of address to go and meet. With no other option I went to one of their service centre at P.H.Road LG Sabisu here also I faced the same problem stating that they dont have any stock of Touch pad for GS290 modle and it will take atleast 3 to 4 days to receive the same they directed me to approach some other service centre. What is this do I have to suffer running from here and there wasting my precious time for buying this kind of hand set spending so much money. The most difficult part is that now I am not able to open the contact numbers in the handset and also not able to communicate.
I request you to kindly take immediate step to rectify the above greivance, hope you will do the needful.

Regards
Yogesh L Radia

SAKHI KAKKAR Jan 17, 2011

I have a LG GS290 and the touchscreen has partly frozen. It seems to shift everything to the right, so when you touch 1 it activates 3. Really really annoying as you can't enter the SIM number or press OK on the bottom left, or access the tel book etc. Is there any way of doing a hard reset, bearing in mind I don't have half the functionality of the phone (the left half)?

• Ra
    Ravikumar muthyala Jan 18, 2011

Lost my mobile model number lg gs290 cookie fresh
    353543043311226.
    Can you lease trace me out the mobile please. .

• Ba
    bawa singh Jun 22, 2011

i lost my mobile in my college, , plss hlp me, , , , ..

• Sh
    Shreyasi Nakhawa Oct 30, 2012

Lost my mobile model number LG GS290 cookie fresh
    354963040895071.
    can you lease trace me out the mobile please..

sold me a bad lg gc900

I bought a LG GC900 cell phone for 179.99 + shipping on 8/18 and received it on 8/24/10. The phone stopped working on 9/3, it turned off itself and never turn on again. I have tried multiple times got a warranty from them and they don't want to give me any. Web site said before 10 days and now says 7 days. How come a brand new phone cannot have 30 days warranty like every other electronics have. They clearly sold me a bad phone and stole my money. Today I was able to talk with a "supposedly" supervisor and accused me of doing something to the phone besides that he hung on me. They don't give any written warranty with the phone, don't give any warranty. don't answer phone calls and don't reply emails. Do NOT buy from this company, you will loose your money. there are plenty of company out there to make bussiness with.

stinky washer, dryer doesnt dry

I have a stinky washer as well. I can do up to 20 loads of laundry a week with 4 kids. I bought the LG front load washer and dryer to save energy thinking that it would be cheaper to use less water. I can't leave my laundry in the washer for any amount of time or I will have to rewash the load which is using even more water than I had planned. I also have a dryer that takes 3 to 4 cycles to actually dry a normal size load. I called to have this repaired and was told it was the sensors and I needed to clean them and stop using dryer sheets. I have done what was recommended and I am still not getting dry clothes. It has actually taken so long to get the laundry dry that it starts to smell sour and I have to rewash the load. My laundry load is difficult enough to keep up with without all of these issues! This isn't even taking into account that the washer shakes my entire house causing everything to rattle.

• Li
    lizzy2008 Aug 15, 2011

I agree. I have had a horrible time with my LG dryer. I was also told to stop using dryer sheets and had someone clean sensor. Have not used dryer sheets since and still takes 4 or more cycles to dry. I have to take my towles to laundry mat today cause it leaves a sour smell from not drying correctly. also smelly washer too . Musky smelling. I even leave the door open after washing. this is terrible and spent alot of money on unit. as far as saving water.. what a joke you have to keep washing due to dryer not drying correctly. I think the heating or sensor should be recalled!

• Lt
    Ltutt Apr 27, 2015

I broght a LG Washer and Dryer from Sears 4 years ago and havbe had nothing but problems. I've had 3 repairs on the washer and now the dryer is acting up and not drying. I had the sensors cleaned and the was told it was the thermal unit, the repair guy replaced that unit and still not heat so now they are say the computer board is bad! Its been over a week since the dryer stopped working and still not running! I always had Whirlpool before this and wish I had stuck with Whirlpool which was so dependable.
    Sears sales person told me that LG make Kenmore for Sears, if so I would stay away from both brands. I'm getting rid of the LG Washer and Dryer ASAP.

extended warranty

I bought a $799.99 47" LCD LG Television back in July 2010 with a Premium Warranty at $199.99. This past...

magic filter - damaged

I have purchased LG washing machine last week. The model no. is WF - T7519PR. To my surprise the Magic Filter is damaged and not in proper condition it seems to be defective. This was purchased from Mr. Shyam T. Motihar, Kavi Traders, 5, Pandurang Patil Estate, Opp Syndicate Bank, Subhash Road, Mulund(W), Mumbai - 400080.
My contact details -
Kunal Reshamwala, c/001, Vasant Vihar, Gatti Pada Road, near Lok nisarg, opp glass company, off B R road, Vaishali Nagar, Mulund (W), Mumbai - 400080.
Mob No. [protected].
Res. No. [protected]

lg worst costumer service deceiving their costumer

L.G. Send, a technician mid June and took my T.V. both the LG service technician and the representatives at...

big mistake buying lg phone

I purchased an Lg Kp500 almost 3 months ago and have been having constant problems with it!!! Even the stylus pen was damaged which scratched the sceen but only realised it after 3 weeks! I phoned Lg and they said that they r aware that the kp500 is a problem phone but they could send it away 2 get fixed... how would that help??? wouldn't the problems persist after a few months of using it!!! This frustrates me because u go and spend R2500 and all they can do is try fix when they know full well that the phone is defective!!! I don't want the phone anymore and will never buy an Lg product again 4 the simple fact that we go and spend thousands on their products but are not helpfull at all when there is a problem!

I work in the service industry and we try 2 keep our customers happy!! I will now have 2 send the phone away 2 get fixed...(for how long, who knows) but chances r that the 'fixed' phone will work for 2 months and then give me problems again so i will have to send it back every few months!!! I wont be able 2 sell the darn thing so that means i am stuck with a piece of rubbish because Lg are not willing to make it up 2 their customers! I just want a new phone!!!

poor sound quality

MY name is ELVIS. I GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE SOUND QUALITY OF THIS MACHINE MEANING WHEN AM PLAYING MUSIC THROUGH IT, THERE IS A SURGE IN THE SOUND GENERATION. IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE SPEAKERS OR WHAT?. IT MAKES ME WANNA SELL OFF THIS MACHINE AND GO FOR A BETTER BRAND LIKE TOSHIBA. I DO ALSO ENCOUNTER ANOTHER PROBLEM. AFTER FEEDING MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND THE PASSWORD IN THE FACEBOOK WEB PAGE, THE SERVER CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEB PAGE EVEN AFTER TRYING DIAGONISING THE PROBLEM. HOW CAN THIS PROBLEM BE SOLVED?

cooling problem

lg fridge
i purchased a lg fridge one yr back. i m not satisfied with the product. it's cooling system has got problem...i request u 2 visit us soon 2 solve the problem...
contact- Mr. Satish Kumar/ H.no. 2176 type-2 DMW Railway Colony Patiala(Punjab).
Email- [protected]@gmail.com
phone no- 2306998

sms stating that I won r250 000 and call a lg rep to claim the money

i recieved an sms this morning at 5am stating "Congratulation!! Your no. was among the Lucky winners on the LG YEARLY PROMOTION.You won R250 000 .Ticket no. 0177p. Call your Claim Agent Mr Jackson Morgan on [protected] or [protected]@representative.com to collect your cash..."

Something needs to be done about these scams as they target innocent people who are 80% of the time in need of money, I am one of the lucky few who is able to spot such things one day they will effect an individual who will end up lossing everything because of this,
and at the same time putting LG's image and goodwill at risk

• Bi
    bigboytoys Nov 29, 2011

SMS from +27 764 579 333
    I recieved an sms this morning stating "Congratulation!! Your no. has win R98 000 on the LG YEARLY PROMOTION. Ticket no. was given. Call Mrs Anie on 073 801 1620 for your money call 8am to 4pm.

I call Anie and she said: "Buy telkom pre paid voucher from any shop or spar 2 x R200 =R400sms voucher to my phone, sms your names and bank acounts for your registration and payment"

How can i call for this???

John A Scott Aug 08, 2013

I received a text message at 10am this morning 8/8/2013 informing me i had won R250.000 on an LG promotion there was a contact number of 0782789055 and a UK reference number of U840077. I knew immediately that this was a scam. DO NOT REPLY TO THESE SCAMS !

bad service, bad attitude

I bought a LG fridge in Dec '07. It has broken 4 times. Finally LG told us they'd replace it. It is under guarantee but has been discontinued (because it was rubbish!). So LG gave us a credit at the store where we bought it. Due to inflation or whatever, we can only get a 300litre one when our old one was a 409litre one. It'll cost us R2000 to get something similar. If you guarantee a 409 litre fridge, you should replace it with a 409 litre fridge? Surely?

Since 3 Aug (it is now 3 Sep '09), I have been phoning LG to resolve this. I have to speak to a lady called Jabu at their callcentre. She is never at her desk. I leave messages for her. She never calls back. When I finally got to speak to her, she was unhelpful and rude.

Finally I got someone helpful, called Noel who has done what he can and has now referred my job on to Exchanges. Back to Jabu. Yay! And a guy called Themba, who is even ruder and arrogant Clearly never heard of customer service.

And the loan fridge...It came with roaches! Lots of them. And a smell like something died in it. And it too doesn't actually work properly.

I'll think twice about buying LG again. And am telling everyone I can about this experience.