Levi Strauss Jeans / poor quality - holes at knees

Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

I work at a desk job and rarely wore my 2 pairs of levis 569 jeans outside, much less doing any physical work in them. After less than 3 months each, holes formed at the knees. My best guess is that this happened because I often cross my legs while sitting in my chair at work. Levi's jeans were originally made tough for the rough work of the new country of the american west. If they aren't suited to a desk job in the new denver, what are they for?

De

Comments

• Cf
      27th of Jul, 2010

I have a pair of Levi 550's and only had them 6 months, and they have ripped at each back pocket, each front belt loop and down the center seam in the back. They are not too small for me...so this can not be a factor. Just very bad quality. In the past I have only bought Levi's because I could count on having them in my wardrobe for years, now they put that stretch fabric into eveything and it depleats the strength of the denim.
    I emailed to advise them and complain, and just got the brush off. Guess I will be switching to a different brand from now on.

• Ee
      4th of Aug, 2010

A pair of 501 I bought recently fell apart after 2 weeks of wearing them, due to bad quality stitching. The supplier responded that Levi's are made in countries like Egypt, Mexico or, in this case, Haiti, and after some discussion I could return it. I emailed Levi's Strauss they just lost another customer, but they don't seem to care.