Lens.com / unauthorized charges

1 P. O. Box 366Louisiana, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800lenscom

On 5/16 I ordered lenses. On 5/21/08 I called them and canceled the order. It did show as canceled. On 5/29/08 I recd an email telling me the order was hipped. I was charged $255.51 for the lenses and 2 overdraft fees of $35.00 each because themoney wasn't in there. I've been going back and forth with them since. They say they will refund everything ASAP but my bank is showing as a foreign bank (its not) I told them they had no trouble making an unauthoruized charge to my account. Still isn't settled. Had to file complaints with my bank and the BBB. They won't let me speak to a manager and return phone calls.

Comments

• St
      14th of Aug, 2008

Ordered contacts from Lens.com when they were advertising a rebate for contacts. When I received the contacts after purchasing them, the rebate was expired.

• Na
      31st of Aug, 2008

They have done the same thing to me. I've had to file complaints with about every department that I can think of. I wish I had learned of the report on BBB earlier. Now like you I am trying to get my money back. I've filed a dispute report with my bank, who had just replaced the funds earlier, but Lens.com re-sent their charge to remove the money again. My biggest question though is... if the BBB, and the State Attorney Generals office of Missouri knows of these problems with this company, why are they still in business?

• Na
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Hi Tina;
    I have an update since I last commented on your post. I received a call yesterday morning (o9/02) from Karen, Customer Service Supervisor for Lens.com, Inc. She left a voice message on my phone that she had contacted my local post office and confirmed the package had been delivered there, and for them to return it. She said she was going to credit my account back for the money they took out. She said that the postal clerk said, I needed to go come in to confirm with them that I had indeed refused the package, and they were to send it back. They are next door to me and know me well, so I did. As of today though I still have not seen the funds credited back to my account. But, I believe what made them step up their effort to clear this matter was that I sent an email on 09/01 to the CEO & Owner of Lens.com, Inc. himself and CC copied that letter to the Customer Service department for Lens.com, Inc.

I told them that I had confirmed with the post office, in an email reply back to them that the package was being "return to sender". And that I would update the complaint to the BBB and State Atty Generals Office for Missouri, but that I would not drop the complaint at this time.

I thought of your situation and the others that I have found in my research for complaints against this company. This information may be of assistance to you, to settle your dispute with them. I'm copying and pasting the names of the CEO with his direct Email address, and two of the physical street addresses I found for this company below. I am also checking into seeing if a Class Action Lawsuit can be filed against this company, so that no one else will have to go through this with this company.

I did not receive an overdraft charge to my account, like you and some others, but living on just unemployment for now, and having your money for gas, groceries or whatever taken from you accounts is not good for anyone. So if you or anyone else who has had a problem with this company would like see about having a Class Action Lawsuit Filed against them just let me know. I can be emailed directly at: natesdesigns@yahoo.com

The Names and Addresses to contact... (hope it helps you)...

Cary Samourkachian, CEO

Partners for Lens.com Inc & (aka: Just Lens):
    Adam Verner
    Nicolas Fuller

19th of Sep, 2008

Lens.com is not an honest seller. I will not do business with them. They gave out fake coupon codes to trick people to order from them. When you enter the coupon code, the shopping cart shows the coupon is accepted and shows the amount of the discount, but when you pay attention, you’ll realize the discount is not reflected in the total amount due at the end. So you thought you got a discount, but actually you DON’TI tried different coupon codes and same thing happened. ! Can’t believe they are using this kind of scam to trick their customers. Isn’t that too low?? I contacted their customer service twice by email, but have never gotten any response. I am glad I found out the issue before placing my order. Lens.com is a scam! And I’ve heard different things about how they are dishonest with their customers. Beware! I will never do business with them!