LCBO

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 by

rude employees

Maple, Ontario
Canada
On july 8, 2017, my sister (30 years old) was being helped by my daughter (20 years old) to put the purchases on the counter to be cashed out. The cashier asked my daughter for her id, which she did not have on her, that because she handled the bottles. She denied them service due to this "policy". We have never experienced this anywhere else so if its a policy it should be enforced everywhere and all times, not just when they feel like. My big issue is that I then walked in with sister, my daughter was not there, some wannabe tough kid said that they would still not serve us unless my daughter came in with id. I did not see the sense in this at all and this kid was extremely rude and I feel like we were targeted. There is no reason why I could not purchase when I had my id and so did my sister. I would like to know how that was justified and what will be done about this. That cocky attitude is unacceptable. I can understand policy but then deny me service is uncalled for. I think the kid was trying to prove some kind of point and needs to cut that little attitude. And again, if you have a policy, then enforce it always and all locations. I expect to hear back about this.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Other

Comments

N  19th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Let me start by saying, everywhere in our store(s) it CLEARLY states anyone under the age of 19 cannot handle alcohol, and if they do, we hold the right to refuse service if no ID id shown. (hence why we tell you to use baskets and carts EVERYWHERE)And we have the right to deny service to everyone in the group if one person has no ID, regardless if they come in later in the day with a different person or group. Once denied once during the day no amount of returning at different times or with different people will change you getting served. This is a policy enforced everywhere. Not just in some stores, we are ALL trained on it and follow it. The reason is because this could now be a second party purchase.
N  20th of Sep, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@vacy This is almost 100% the case, but we don't judge, that's why we ask you not to touch it if you have no ID
N  20th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@vacy 19 is the legal drinking age in Ontario where the poster is from and the LCBO is located (Liquor Control Board of Ontario)
N  20th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@vacy It is 19, but we ID anyone under 25, so regardless if she was 20 or 25 we were in the right

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree