LCBO / discrimination based on assumption, aggressive employee

1 2180 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6S 1N3 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (416) 767-8931

We were purchasing a bottle of wine and some beers as we usually do every Sunday. Since I'm 29 years old I never had to present my ID, because it's evident that I'm a grown up person, however this time (May 17th, 2015) I was asked by the cashier to present my ID that I didn't carry with me. This woman immediately took the bottle away like I was about to steal them and kept repeating over and l over again that I'm under age and that she can't sell me alcohol in an extremely aggressive way. That was evidently ridiculous to me, I'm 29!. Anyhow, my partner offered to purchase it for himself with his ID. But no! She refused to accept it and in fact implied that he was trying to buy alcohol for a minor. Obviously, I went mad and tried to talk to the manager. First, he reminded us Canadian policy on alcoholic beverages (we are well aware of it) then advised us to come back 15 mn later and try to buy the bottles again (confused and unprofessional situation). We declined it of course and left without any bottles, but with a strong feeling of being bullied and humiliated by that rude cashier for no evident reason.

Ga
May 17, 2015

Comments

• Pr
      2nd of Feb, 2011
    LCBO - Crown Corporation
    LCBO
    Ontario
    Canada

The LCBO should be privatized. The staff are rude and overpaid
    Privatizing the LCBO would give consumers better quality customer service. Please tell your MPP to privatize the LCBO

• Mu
      27th of Aug, 2013
    LCBO - Poor Service
    LCBO Midland
    Midland
    Ontario
    Canada

This LCBO serves a Town of nearly 20, 000. It is small, cramped, outdated and does not stock many of the products listed on its shelves. It frequently has "sales" but is most frequently out of the product on sale. It is essentially a waste of time to go there.