Lane Furniture / recliner chair

1 IN, United States

I bought a really nice Lane recliner chair and ottoman for around $800 some 7 years ago. I thought I got a really sweet deal as others of this style were almost twice as much.

To be honest, I've loved this chair.. nice and comfy and very stylish. However, last night when sitting down I heard a weird sound and while attempting to lean back to investigate under me, the thing went all the way back down to the floor with me in it. I thought maybe something like a spring had broken causing the issue, but what I found was that the entire metal attachment to the chair had simply torn off from my use!!! Right in the middle of where the piston attaches to the chair. Imagine a square of metal with a rip in the middle.

I don't weigh that much and other than sit in it, haven't done anything wacky in it. In fact I don't really recline in it.. by that I mean it has always been at such and such an angle and rarely changed it.

For the amount of money spent, I am horribly disappointed in this product. The metal that tore as well as how it tore, shows me that it is cheap metal as well as construction and was destined to break. I am so thankful I didn't have anything close behind me as it would have taken that out as well.