La-Z-Boy / delivery charges

I purchased a recliner from our local store in North Aurora and was told the delivery charge would be $59.99. After a discussion with my husband he said he would pick it up. I called and was told I would have to go to the Bolingbrook store which is not real close to our home to pick it up or pay a $35 charge to pick it up at our local store. Who delivers the chairs to the local store? Why should customer have to pay to pick up locally? What a rip. This is my last purchase from LazBoy.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      20th of Oct, 2008

I certainly agree that retailers are deceptive in their pricing when they add on delivery charges on products they display in the store. At a minimum, additional delivery charge policies should be conspicuously posted to warn the customer.

We tried to purchase furniture at Rooms-To-Go and were told nothing about the delivery charge until it was added to the bill-of-sale. When it was questioned, we were told that it is from the warehouse 60 miles away.

Guess what? No sale-they wasted their time and mine writing up the sale and trying to pull one over on us. We have never gone back to a Rooms-To-Go for anything.

We have a Savon Furniture in our area that we found does the same thing. Again, we turned our backs on the salesman and bought elsewhere.

When you run across these businesses, you need to show them your back and not your wallet.

9th of Feb, 2015

Our "pick up at the store" fee was $40 ( $80 for delivery to our home.) . Even thought I really liked the recliner and consider buying two, my husband could not believe that they had the nerve to charge a fee for him to pick it up at their store! Needless to say, he asked for the order form that already had it written up on and told them to keep the chairs and that he would never buy anything from them, ever. We then walked out in total agreement that it was a scam and we would never return to a Lazboy store.