LA Fitness / cancelled but they kept billing
I phoned LA Fitness to cancel my wifes membership that had gone unused for quite some time. I was told I had to come into the gym to cancel. We drove to the gym where we were told we needed a form filled out and sent to their corporate office. We were provided with the form and membership number. Friends and family have told me stories about quitting gyms in the past so I was diligent and sent the form to the address provided right away. That was February. It is now June my wife says the gym is still charging us. Sure enough it shows up on the direct debit.
I phoned the gym and spoke with the front desk who apologized and promised to ring me back shortly. She phoned back within thirty minutes. She said that there was no record of receiving my form and that the best they could do is stop billing immediately. Sounded like a scam to me for sure.
If you send in a cancellation form be sure to tell the person at the gym that you will be sending it registered mail (and do it!). I will complain again if the billing does not stop. Stay tuned...
More LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LA Fitness - confessions of a former la fitness employee 
- LA Fitness - la fitness membership cancellation cheating! 
- LA Fitness - inappropriate behavior at la fitness! 
- Lafitness-Personal Training - misleading/scam 
- LA Fitness - swimming pool 
- LA Fitness International - hot tub (east-west conn branch)
- LA Fitness Duluth HWY - zumba class fawn coats
- LA Fitness International - landscaping and manger
- LA Fitness International - charging membership when it is cancelled
- LA Fitness - service corporate management