LA Fitness / unprofessional behavior

United States, Florida, Port st lucie Review updated:
La Fitness
village parkway, tradition
Port st lucie
I recently went to the La fitness in tradition to inquire about a membership there. All my friends go there and I understood that was the best and most fully equipped gym in Port st lucie. I was greeted at the front desk by the GM. His name was Nick. From there my visit went downhill. He asked me my name and after i told him he then asked if I would be joining "his" gym today. I told him I would like to know what they had to offer and was told that a gym was a gym, we have it all, so dont waste my time with stupid questions about the gym. I was then told that i came to the gym for a reason, and that reason was to lose weight, not look for a cheap price. I was appalled by the way the man in the "too, too"tight shirt was treating me. He was wearing shorts, dirty t-shirt and a surf hat, and he told me I needed to lose weight!! All in the first 2 minutes of meeting him. I told him I was not interested in losing weight per se, but my overall fitness was the concern, A stupid smile came over his face as he tried to stifle his "laugh"about my weight comment. How humiliating!!! I turned round and started to leave as he said "you want the cheapest price, go to golds gym" I cried all the way home. Needless to say, I wont be joining that gym if they employ rude trainers like that.

D  27th of Sep, 2009 by
Hmmm it sounds as though this person is leaving a lot out... I have nothing but great experience there with staff and cleanliness and wouldn't go anywhere else
N  1st of Nov, 2010 by
I cried all the way home

go join curves
N  18th of Feb, 2012 by
Wow! I have had a similar experience with this gym. I would never join this gym. I went to a smaller gym in Port St Lucie, FIt Image Fitness over on US.1 north of Prima Vista. where they offer Zumba, free weights, and a bunch of cardio equipment. My opinion is that people should start joing smaller, more personable fitness center. Better quality.

LA Fitness International Logo LA Fitness International