Kmart / pregnancy discrimination

Casper, WY, United States Review updated:

Don Hall seems to show favoritism toward certain employees and make the workplace more difficult for employees he seems to dislike. For example, I feel somewhat stereotyped by this man and there have been jokes made by him towards myself about being pregnant with twins etc, (this was before I knew that I was pregnant, I'm also not fat.) There is another employee who is farther along in her pregnancy than I, and she is never reprimanded for talking on her phone for at least 15 minutes daily at work. I was told that I could not work today without a doctors note. I am now 7 weeks pregnant and have already brought in a doctors note excusing me for two days. I have awful day long morning sickness, and I have only had about 2 infractions before I discovered my pregnancy. I'm very irritated and I will also be filing a complaint with the Labor Board. With nausea medications I am absolutely fine to work, and it isn't difficult to pick up jewelry when pregnant. I hope this is seen and addressed.

Comments

•   May 01, 2013

You gave your employer a doctor's note saying you were unable to work for two days. Most employers would require you to bring in a note saying you are able to return to work without restrictions.