Kmart / solicitation at register!

1 Mandeville, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 985-626-5258

As a customer who is profile, I take offense at being solicited at the cash register to donate to the March of Dimes which supports abortion. From now on, I will travel farther and do business with WalMart!

Comments

17th of May, 2008

Lady get a grip. Do you seriously want to send women back to the alleys and the dirty knives? We live in what's supposed to be a free country. If abortion isn't right for you or something that you don't believe in then don't have one! Who's going to take care of all the unwanted children? Who takes care of them now? I see homeless kids everywhere these days, and I have much more respect for a lady who has made the painful decision to have an abortion than I do the one who subjects her child to the horrors of a street life! Prostitution, drugs, and being poor and uneducated are what you should be fighting against not abortion! As for the clerk she was only doing what she's paid to do. The march of dimes is an orginization that helps people and a lot of companies support them. I guess this means that you wont be eating at an Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Seasons 52, Smokey Bones, Longhorn Steakhouse, or a Bahama Breeze anytime soon. They are all owned by the Darden Restaurant Company and they do a drive for the march of dimes every year. They're one of many, and you're going to have a hard time exsisting if you start boycotting every company that supports them. Please don't be so shallow and think of others is it really so wrong?

• El
      15th of Jun, 2008

We must fight all social evils. Adoption is the solution to an untimely pregnancy. The woman and child must be protected, loved, cared for. This is true charity. Pregnancy enters offer their services free; food clothing shelter, help. Abortionist take money to destroy our beautiful unborn lives. We must help them. Ellen.

• As
      30th of Jun, 2010

I am pro-life, but have done enough research to know that the March of Dimes has a NEUTRAL stance on abortion. They neither support it nor are against it. I support March of Dimes because it saves the lives of babies that are born premature and could die. Any company could support abortion, but it's not the company itself, it's the employees! Why give your money to Walmart, when a lot of the employees support abortion? I'm sure higher-ups that own Walmart support abortion! Why give them money?!?!

• Ta
      15th of Jul, 2010

I can not have children, I have been denied this honor at a young age due to cancer. I would love to be able to bare a child and what I hate most is that there are women out there that should be denied the wonderful gift of having children. These women I am speaking of are either drug addicts or they only have them to earn a paycheck from welfare and abuse their children. There are also foster parent and yes even people who adopt that abuse their children. There are certain cercumstances that abortion is needed. Every woman should have the right to choose. Does this keep me from being able to adopt, no it doesnt, there are sooooooo many children in the system. If you dont agree with abortion that is your right but to hate someone for supporting it or having made this painfull decission to do so is not right. I believe that if the child has no chance at living a happy and healthy life there is no harm in making sure that it doesnt have to suffer.

• Ta
      15th of Jul, 2010

P.S I do not like K-Mart and that is a good reason not to shop there not because they support or do not support a cause that you do not agree with. What if one day one of your daughter (if you have a daughter) had an abortion would you boycot her or disown her?