Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

7th of Jun, 2008

Who is Dave? Where is Dale?

• Pe
      7th of Jun, 2008

I agree with Angie & Mary.

I'm trying to find dadanddale myself!!

• Mi
      8th of Jun, 2008

i'm looking for that sight also. where is dadanddale. false site.

• Sc
      8th of Jun, 2008

obviously just a typo. go to www.wrangler.com/dadandale. the enrty form is there. I just completed mine.

• Ki
      8th of Jun, 2008

I agree with the others! How can you advertise a contest and not be able to find the website?? I am not looking for dadanddave, I was looking for dadanddale too! Started looking on June 1st and its still not there today June 8th!

• Da
      8th of Jun, 2008

I found what I needed at the Clarion, PA. store but was unhappy to also try to get on the feed back web-site only to find there wasn't any. This does not give a very good appearance to the K-Mart organization. Our store is almost empty every time I go there and this will not help their situation.

• Bo
      8th of Jun, 2008

I agree with all the comments above!! WHO IS DAVE? It's just like KMart and Sears to do something like this. Typo, is this what they are calling it now...

• Ed
      8th of Jun, 2008

to whom it may concern : I as many others have beem e-mailing andngetting not response to the contest for : www.kmart.com/dadanddale : you have a great racer on your ad and I wonder if he knows how lame your web sight is and he is your rep...been trying since June 1st and no response...what will the rest of your public thing of the company standings to a high top racer and your need t get it correct...

• Ed
      8th of Jun, 2008

this is a real mess and I only wish I could forward Dale and his racing managaer ; for to put a end to this hard problem getting into even complain about your ba service...

8th of Jun, 2008

The above comment are true .Why would Kmart support, their back page weekly ads on June Ist . through 15. Enter to
    win the grand prize, A TRIP TO DAYTONA FOR YOU AND YOUR DAD, MEET NASCAR DRIVER DALE EARNHARDT JR.
    OR 2 ND PLACE OR 3 RD PLACE
    GAS GRILL
    DALE EARNHARDT COLLECTIBLE CAR

• Wi

Where's dadanddale?

• Ji
      8th of Jun, 2008

Why would you advertise a contest in the Sunday paper and then NOT have it available to enter: Sounds 2nd rate to me.

• Fr
      9th of Jun, 2008

I think it a waste of time .

• Me
      8th of Jun, 2008

I as well have been trying to find the website to enter the sweepstakes for the dadanddale. I don't if it is a scam or not but they should'nt put somehting in the paper and not have the right website to enter in.

• Ri
      9th of Jun, 2008

i take my time to meet my best nascar driver and this is what happins.

• Ji
      9th of Jun, 2008

Second complaint--Still Not Fixed-What are they waiting for Dale Jr to come and fix it???

• Br
      10th of Jun, 2008

All you have to do is go to k-mart website. SIMPLE.

• Ta
      11th of Jun, 2008

I was trying to log in to dadanddale for my friend because we love

Dale Jr is is our #1 driver, what ashame

could you please fix this problem

• Ka
      12th of Jun, 2008

It would be such a great surprise to win
    this
    where is the web site?
    is this a joke?
    i was just in the store and got the paper came right away to enter and find no site
    no very good - kmart...

• Li
      14th of Jun, 2008

I couldn't find the website either but then I went to WranglerDaytonadadand dalejr and found it !