Kmart - Bremerton, WA / I will never shop there again!

4210 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, WA - [protected]

I went to kmart today to get a few things. They were having their 50-70% off sale this weekend. When I was done shopping I went to get in line and none of the cash registers were open, a huge line that went almost the full length of the store was waiting to get taken care of by one person and that person was working the customer service desk. The lady called for cashiers to come up front but no one came. After about 5 minutes a woman came and all the people at the end of the line went to her checkstand, I made the comment that if they are going to have a hugs sale then they should have people working there that day. A kmart employee walked by me and said really snotty, "Well we had to send three people home sick" That made me mad. So I guess that they would make a total of 5 people that work at k-mart? I understand that crap happens but for crying out loud at least make apologies for the slow pace and let customers know what is going on. Then the snooty woman kept on walking and she didn't even help. The longer I stood there, the more angry I became so I shoved my cart into a blank aisle and walked out. I can't stand rude people, and won't put up with them. Another thing is they could have pulled people off of their departments like Jewelry, clothing and such to come and help check out. It was ridiculous. I will never shop there again.

D  25th of Sep, 2007 by
Please don't criticize a retail store for something like this when you have no idea how a retail store even works in the first place.

There are times where it's simply impossible to have enough people scheduled. Scheduling for retail is often extremely difficult in the first place due to the fact that most of your workers are part-time and can only work certain hours. Making it even tougher is the fact that the corporate offices for these stores often give managers an impractical amount of "payroll" to use when creating the schedules.

Then, when the people you actually schedule to work call in sick or have to go home sick, it creates a very tough situation. I'm sure it was a turn-off when the lady you made your comment to responded rudely, but I completely understand as I have been in that situation many, many times. Have you ever been ridiculed for something that was in no way, shape, or form even remotely your fault?

Pulling people out of departments to work the registers? That's simply a case of you not knowing how retail works. Go ahead and do that, then they'll still get people like you complaining about how there's nobody around to help them.
N  3rd of Jul, 2008 by
i had a pair off ugh boots on layby for my daughter a few weeks ago at belmont in wa. when i picked them up off layby, i noticed they were on a clearance shelf, and i was told that i could get a refund on the differnce, so i did. i gave them to my daughter but they were a bit small for her, so i went back to the store a few days later to see if i can exchange them for the next size up. i still had the layby reciepts for them, but the reciept had a different code on the ugh boots than what the reciept had, and the lady said i had the wrong docket, but i didn't, so now im stuck with the ugh boots, because i can't exchange them. i wasn't happy with the service i was given by the staff there. i don't think i'll be going back to kmart again, i'll probably go to big w where the service there is better
unhappy customer
N  29th of Aug, 2009 by
I understand. I used to work there and the management is very poor there as far as customer satisfaction. they worry more about the money and making due with as little staff as possible. the customer is not the top priority there that is for sure!!!
N  5th of Jun, 2010 by
Now I have to go to Fred Meyer and Wal-Mart in Bremerton and Target in Silverdale to shop for my things. And Kitsap Mall.

Kmart Stores Logo Kmart Stores