KLM / cancelled flights

1 Germany Review updated:

Dear all,

Beware of KLM. They excel not just at bad service, but manage to be rude in the process. In our case we have been travelling repeatedly on the route Berlin-Amsterdam-Vancouver, on business. Today, once again something went wrong: Their Sunday afternoon flight was cancelled - for internal reasons within the airlines responsibility. Naturally a big problem for a family of five travelling.

You might think this would meet with a degree of compassion from the representatives of the airline responsible. Not so. The conversation trying to sort out alternative travel arrangements that actually fit us was terminated by the KLM man with 'Shut up! and the phone being put down.

PS.: KLM - that's the airline that NEVER changes it's menues and hardly ever changes it's films. You get punished for being a regular customer!

Comments

Bk
  4th of Apr, 2008

I had a cancelled flight from London to Eidhoven (KN 992) on 27th March ... we were directed to Amsterdam saying that we will be picked up by a taxi to dropped at Eidhoven ... when we reached there ground staff denied this facility and very rude

Becuse of this we missed on important meetings with our premium customer

I do not now how to claim the amount for the dis service they have done

La
  17th of Oct, 2008
KLM - Canceled Flights
Sweden

Yesterday I got called up by my contact at the travel agency my company uses. She wanted to confirm that I was aware of the fact that my return flight from Manchester UK to Sweden was canceled and that I was re-booked on a 6am flight back the same day instead of my booked 16:45 flight. This is on Thursday and I'm departing Sunday...

Well, since KLM decided not to tell me jacksh*t I'm ever so happy that my travel agency at least is professional and figured they'd give me a call. Without them I would have surely been stuck on the airportwith a missed flight. I'm convinced that in the eys of KLM would have been my fault as well.

Apparently KLM just decided to cancel loads of European flights due to cost reductions, Fair enough and I'll support that decision any time, will however question their way of doing it.

Appreciate that they didn't leave me standing though without an alternative, pretty mad at their disrespectful attitude towards other peoples work. Due to their sudden decision to cost reduce I have to cancel some important meetings.

I'll gladly take my business elsewhere from now on when flying.

As
  29th of Nov, 2008

KLM- as an airlines always try to inform passengers in case of any disruptions to their journey, but the sources of information they can only get from passengers reference number and as many of these reference number only contain travel agencies number so information passed to travel agencies but KLM representative do ask travel agent if they can pass the passenger direct number so KLM can inform the passenger about the cancellation but many cases travel agents refused to pass information to airlines and they don't want to loose the credit to inform passenger.

Zh
  22nd of Nov, 2010
YVR
British Columbia
Canada

On Novemebr 20 2011 I was booked to fly business class YVR - AMS on KLM 682, scheduled to depart at 20:25 local. I arrived at the airport at 18:00 to a mass of confusion. The normal TV screens identifying the KLM check-in desks were turned off, and there were a lot of people.

Eventually I found out that the flight was cancelled, but not before my other flight options with competing airlines had departed. This caused some serious grief due to the combination of the missed connection and meetings on the AMS end, as well as the time lost and expenses incurred to show up at YVR for nothing.

Now I know that sometimes flights gets cancelled, as no airline is immune to poor weather, crew health, and airplane mechanical problems. I suggest that what KLM should have done was to telephone the passengers to let them know the flight was cancelled, and to provide some kind of information and assistance to the hundreds of passengers who showed up at the airport with good intentions.

I was traveling alone and, except for my canceled business meeting, was not inconvenienced as much as the poor families with young children who were left stranded. KLM's customer service agents at the airport did a terrible job of handling the situation.

Db
  26th of Nov, 2010
klm
Edmonton
Alberta
Canada

my son has been stuck in ghana since june, klm and the airport are keep asking for more mony for security and others i have now sent my son 7 thousand dollars now today they again asking 1200 for security when does this stop, im not very happy people there taking advantage of innocent people taking mony from us, this should come to and end

Mi
  27th of Nov, 2010

There is not enough information here to make a judgment or even an educated guess as to what is happening. However, you have to understand that when you go to a foreign country, you are at the mercy of that government. If you can't pay the price, don't venture out of your own little world.

Re
  8th of Jun, 2012
delilahnzuri@yahoo.com
United Kingdom

please help me bout this issue, my bussiness partner send me this ticket, i wanna know is it real ticket or just fake?thanks

Ku
  7th of Aug, 2014

I recently took 4 flights with KLM and all four of them had problems which led me to lose more than 24 hours of time and over 200 US in expenditure.My advice is AVOID KLM!