Kentucky Fried Chicken / no chicken available

1 Erie StreetWindsor, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Last week my husband went to KFC to pick up dinner after a very long day. He arrived at 8:40 pm. The restaurant closes at 9:00pm. He was informed there was no chicken. This is the third time this has happened at various locations throughout Windsor over the past 2 years. Just close the doors. We will no longer EVER purchase KFC. Upon telling friends of our experience, we were not alone. Just shameful.

Comments

16th of Aug, 2008

People like this are stupid and stuck up its not even funny anymore. A business runs out of product 3 times in 2 years and you say close the doors??? Are you tripping or are you that stuck up? You know that even if its fast food it relays on "real" people. You food doesn't magically show up when you order it, you just think it does. What happens if the truck driver has a flat and they can't get stock? What if they happen to busy and sell all the chicken. Geez, be more mindful, the real world is "everything" thats happening around you.
    John.

• Ad
      3rd of Oct, 2011

On Sunday 2 October 2011 I wanted to order 2 x Streetwise 3's and a Rounder Meal at 8:45pm. I was told by the drive-through attendant that the kitchen staff were telling her that I would have to wait 30 minutes as they would have to "drop" some chicken (I presumed that this meant that they had no fried or grilled chicken available). I heard them repeating this to her over the speaker system. When I asked for the Manageress (a lady called Amber), she was not available - I was told that she was somewhere in the shopping Centre, although she later said that she had been to the cloakroom. After a while, she became available and explained to my wife and I that after 7pm at night she was reluctant to "do" any chicken, as the sales after 7pm were slow and she would be held responsible and would have to pay for "wasted" chicken. I have often had to wait 10 minutes or more for " fresh batches" of chicken to be done, but this is ridiculous. How can KFC not have chicken? By the attitude of the staff it appeared that they just did not want to work for the last 45 minutes of their shift. The manageress said that they were lying to me and that the "new" chicken would be ready in 15 minutes, not 30 minutes like her staff had said. She later said that there were some chicken legs and wings available, but other chicken would have to be "dropped". By that time I was just too fed up and we left. Surely a drive-through is meant to be exactly that, namely a drive-through. The KFC branch was the Walker Drive outlet in Port Elizabeth. Thank you. A de Ridder (adr@iafrica.com).