Kent Ro / Water Purifier / terrible after sale service

1 India Review updated:

The company has a totally non-existent sales service support. I had purchased Kent RO water purifier system around a year back and it was informed that every three months the system will be checked but nobody has ever bothered to attend for the same. When I had some problem with the system and when I tried to contact there was no response and thereafter I was informed that the service provider have been changed and I must contact the new distributor.

Comments

15th of Oct, 2008

Even I repent having spent Rs 13, 000 for this white elephant (Kent Grand Purifier) - no after sales service, the water leaks from the tank, the installation is messy with a tube leaking so called 'waste water' (God alone knows if this is really waste because it flows out with almost the same intensity as the inlet, also results in a lot of wasted water); no indicators to let you know it's full - a waste of money - please do not buy this product

• Ar
      12th of Sep, 2012

To Kent Water Purifiers,

I am writing this mail in vain and want to report the pathetic service that i have been experiencing since the time i bought my KENT PEARL WATER PURIFIER model.

Serial No. - KR11052917
    Date of Purchase: 12th October 2011

I have been facing a problem with my device since about 6 months now. The water outlet would always flush out too much of water and I would have to change the bucket under it time and again. Well, initially i thought maybe it was just a part of the process, since i had no doubt about the company image of Kent. But gradually my doubts turned into nightmares as the amount of water being flushed out kept increasing by the day.
    Anyways, I started calling the dealer who sold me the device, since the warranty card said that any defects whatsoever (unless by mishandling), and most of the time the person did not even understand what i was speaking. I was horrified at the kind of response i was getting. Anyways, on August 18th I decided to go to the outlet myself to get my problem addressed. They said my problem will be solved soon since it was a problem with the membrane only and it can be replaced. I waited for 10 days calling them up each day but they just kept delaying it. On 2nd September i decided to visit the outlet again where to my horror i was told that i would have to pay for the membrane as it is not covered in the warranty. I went through the warranty card again and saw that it very clearly says that any defects whatsoever within the warranty period would be covered free of cost unless it is due to mishandling. Anyways now i have understood that my device wasnt functioning since May but i realized by August. The customer service people are doing nothing but delaying the response in order for the warranty period to get over.

They give me useless excuses at times like " Sir your device's membrane is being sent from our main store from another city" or "Sir, You will have to pay for it".

Now, I am sick and tired of this non-sense. I have realize not only that it is not the amount of money i wasted on numerous phone calls and fuel i burnt to go to them time and again to complain. It is also not worth my energy to argue with the customer care people as not only do i feel they lack common sense but they are extremely rude. I am now trying one last time to get my problem resolved before i have to file a case against Kent in the consumer court and let the law decide the further course of action. So, If any of the Kent Customer Service Heads do get to read this please let me know if my matter can be resolved without me having to approach the court.

Regards,