Kenmore / Oasis Washing Machine / f1 error code - defective washer

United States Review updated:

My husband I purchased a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and for the past year we have been getting an F1 Error code several times through out the wash cycle, EVERY SINGLE LOAD! I received a letter in the mail regarding this issue from Sears and called the number and they advised me that my serial number was not included in the recall. I have been a loyal Sears/Kenmore customer for over 40 years and I am very unhappy with the way I have been treated by the customer service people and the quality of this very expensive washer I bought! I do not believe I should pay someone to come out and fix my washer when there was a recall for this problem and mine just "wasn't included". I ADVISE ANYONE INTERESTED IN BUYING A KENMORE WASHER TO DO YOUR RESEARCH... READ REVIEWS THEIR PRODUCTS ARE DEFECTIVE AND UNRELIABLE !!!

Kathy Walters
[protected]@aol.com

Kj

Comments

• Jg
      17th of May, 2010

I have the same issue and not on the "upgrade" list. This is ridiculous as I have also been a loyal Sears customer for allappliances and automotive needs. They have totally lost my as a customer for everything including my children's photo sessions. I hear there is a class action law suit that we all need to locate and sign up on. Sears should fall out of business if they aren't going to secure their valuable customers as loyal as we have been to them.

• Ri
      28th of Apr, 2011

Hello, I repair appliances in the state that I currently reside and can tell you of the three sisters never to buy the whirlpool cabrio, calypso, and the kenmore oasis these three units all are made from the same company and all are nightmare machines that have been engineered poorly. The basic way the motor runs off the unit is by an rps sensor which is supposed to keep the motor spining at the factory set speeds in the unit. Unfortuatley they decided to be cheap when makeing the rps sensor and decided it would be cheaper for them to manufacturer the piece out of plastic instead of metal the initial idea was well intent until it reached whirlpools cost effective manufacturing line and that is when the machine went down hill there are many ongoing lawsuits currently against all three units and all are currently made by whirlpool