Kenmore / defective refrigerator

I had a Kenmore Elite Side-by-Side refrigerator Model #5770 delivered on Saturday, December 27, 2008. When I got up Sunday morning to go to a family Christmas gathering the refrigerator was warm inside. All the food was melted; what a mess. So I spent the morning cleaning the mess. Sears said they would send a new refrigerator, but it would be a week before it would come in. They also had a repairman come the following Wednesday, and I was told he would arrive between 8 and 5. What a waist of a day. The repairman couldn't do anything because parts would have to be ordered and wouldn't arrive until after the new refrigerator came. Then, because we didn't buy the extended warranty we couldn't be reimbursed for all the food loss. I had extra food in the refrigerator because I had company for Christmas.
For the next week I had to use coolers outside for my cold food. You don't know how hard it was using coolers for a week when you have company; running in and outside in the middle of winter looking for the food you need and bringing stuff in at night so it doesn't freeze. I can't believe we weren't compensated for anything after only having the refrigerator for a few short hours.

Kenmore Logo Kenmore