Kay Jewelers / lack of service

NY, United States Review updated:
My wife picked out a ring for her birthday at Kay jewelers in Seattle WA at their Northgate Mall store. Since it had to be sized and we were going to see our 1st grandchild, we asked to have it shipped to a store close to home in NY state. We returned a bit early due to a medical emergency and we had to resume care of my mother-in law that has Alzheimer's. On our machine was a message that the ring was in! Made arrangements for transportation to the Blvd mall store (I am disabled, wife cannot handle that traffic), the ring was still in Seattle! I requested then that the ring be sent to our home because of the difficulties in tranportation and was told NO! "Against Policy" I contacted corporate and talked to "Michelle" who's last name or employee ID is 6255. (Must be heck to get that on a drivers license.) She talked to Janet who is so important that she has no extension or ID but cannot be talked to. I am sorry if this sounds a bit whiney, but this was our 1st trip in 4yrs, caring for an Alzheimers patient is tough, but on top of that my wife ended up with B-cell lymphoma found in late early stage 4 and went into remission 6 months ago. This birthday was very special. Kay was explained this and cared little about our difficulties in travel which, in my opinion, makes a company no longer in touch with it's customers. We want the ring but now have to see when my sister-in-law's husband will be home from his heart surgery so she can care for her mom and we can go get it.
Va

Comments

Ed
  21st of Nov, 2008
merchandise can't be sent to customers for obvious reasons. it is against company policy to send merchandise to a customer address for security reasons for the store and the customer. as far as you getting to a store. give your claim check to a friend, (if you have one you can trust) and let them go and pick it up for your. also, last names of customer service representatives of any company you work for is not something you readily give out. there are many stalkers and hotheads out there that could use that information to get to them personally. which one are you?
Go
  24th of Feb, 2009
Nice to see you here, Mr. E.d., defending your employer, at any cost. Would it not be better for your company to accomodate the customer instead of taking the low road. Speaking of low roads, your employer's finances are heading in that direction. Sadly, so are many, many others.

Kay Jewelers Logo Kay Jewelers