Kay Jewelers - Ann Arbor, MI / think twice before buying something from kay jewelers

Kay Jewelers
846 Briarwood Cir
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
[protected]

This Holiday season, don't shop at Kay Jewelers.

Their slogan is 'Every Kiss Begins With Kay'. It should be 'Every Kiss That Begins With Kay Ends In Tears'. They destroyed my wife's treasured watch and she was only trying to get a battery changed.

Please, think twice before buying something from Kay Jewelers.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      5th of Dec, 2007

I went to kays to shop a gift for my girlfriend but instead I was treated like I was a criminal.

• Dw
      2nd of Feb, 2008

I bought my wedding rings from Kays in Pembroke Pines,FL. November of 2007 I decided to settle my account in full due to some questionable billing issues. In Jan. of 2008 I recieved calls from the store manager claiming that the bank certified check I gave them never made it to their bank and that they will need another check. I called Kays Corporate and they confirmed I had a "0" balance which they confirmed by sending a statement (always get it in writing). Here we are in Feb. 2008 and Kays sends ne a bill for $2300+ (the amount of the payoff) because the store manager "lost" the check on Nov. 14th. When confronted he informed me that it was not his problem and that the possible damage to my credit score was "my problem". Why wasnt there an investigation as to the missing deposit that he claims he made? Why is he still in a position of athourity after losing such a large amount? Why must I now fight to protect my FICO score after paying off an acount more than a year early? DO NOT SHOP AT KAYS!

• Re
      17th of Apr, 2008

I bought a bridal set and some diamond earrings From Kay Jewelers in Northwood Mall in Ohio on April 21 2007 there warranty states for me to bring the items in every 6 months for inspection and the diamonds would be replaced free of charge. So i take them in to be inspection in October of 2007 they cleaned them and inspected them. they also did this in june of 2007 to have them resized and soder together So i go back April 16 2008 and i lost a diamond out of my ring and they state they have no record of me having my last inspection and tell me i will have to pay for the diamond to be replaced . I have bought many items from this company and i fill the should go buy there Policy and replace the diamond free of charge. as their policy states . They didnt get me a stamp stating i was in there in October and state they have no record of this but they have all the other records of me buying all there items they sold me but when it comes down to them replacing a diamond they have a problem can you please help me get my diamond replaced.

• We
      25th of Mar, 2010

Me and my husband purchased a bridal set within the year 2007 and also a wedding band for my husband. We paid the EXTRA for the lifetime warranty for each of the rings. We have had to return his wedding band to get it fixed because the diamonds kept falling out. We have returned it over 6 times! The last time they sent it to the corporate head quarters to be fixed. We got the ring back everything was fine. We have been taking our rings to get cleaned when we can. We don't live close to a Kay's at all so we don't go very often. Last week we noticed that a diamond yet again had fallen out of his ring! I took it to Kays and they looked at our account and we hadn't had a inspection done in 8 months on his ring. They said that it would cost $400.00 or more to replace it. The thing is I NEVER heard that the 6 month inspection was MANDATORY! Every time we have ever gone into Kays they have said "Remember you get a free cleaning an inspection for your rings every 6 months." NOT "You get a free cleaning and inspection every 6 months in order to keep your warranty up to date." Just another way for them to make money! So to everyone make sure you get your "free" inspection EVERY 6 MONTHS!