Complaints & Reviews

taxes on jew and oversize boxes

Its a shame that you charge 37 dollars for shipping and the boxes are way to big for such a small items I ordered a small pin and it came in a box big enough for 2 sets of shoes that is totaly crazy! If you wanted to cut down on the shipping cost lets use some common sensce also charging taxes on items ship to CA is bad I know that alot of your venders come out of CA and now we have to pay for it or either some of your investers are from CA and now we have to pay the price either way I will nolonger shop with this co I found a better and just as high quality jew with AACTV out of FL and by the way they dont charge taxes to CA residents

why don’t you answer your phones?

I have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars of jewelry from you over the past several years and for at least the past year you don't answer your phone but, rather, i'm sent directly to an answering machine where i leave a message but am never called back! frankly, i do not understand it! i have bought a lot of jewelry & have sent only a couple
of things back. I would appreciate an explanation because i would like to continue to buy jewelry from you.

sent ring to address that I have not lived at for three years.

I ordered a frog ring, $1, 200. Gave the sales rep my address here in Florida. He checked my credit card - name - address - also in Florida. They sent the ring to WA. My son lives there now and wife. Picked up ring. Asked customer service to send pre-paid box to him to send ring to me. No. He should send ring and they may refund postage to me to give to him in a few weeks. Reps admitted after listening to recording that it was sent to wrong address. Told my son to return it to gem shopping at Fedex., saying not at this address. Also called credit card company for dispute. We have spent quite a few thousand over years. Not anymore. I will not pay for the shipping charge should they try and charge it. Credit card company told me to get tracking number for return and receipt from Fedex.
Customer Service??? non existent

titanium diamond flower ring

I purchased the above mentioned ring because it was presented as an original Majestic collection ring from designer Janice. Upon receipt the ring does not look like the original Majestic collection ring. It has no hallmarks of any kind. I sent the ring to be appraised and was told it can not be appraised as an original Majestic collection due to lack of authenticity. I have called and emailed GSN several times to obtain a document of authenticity without luck. I am attaching pictures of the ring I received and a video of GSN selling a real hallmarked Majestic collection ring. I feel scammed and lied to and GSN does not care. I even paid more for the fake ring than the charge of the original as you can see in the video. I intend to pursue GSN for scamming me no matter how long it will take me. The video won't load but is available.

ring

At the end of November 2017, I purchased a ring from Gem Shopping Network. Less than one month from receiving it, I noticed that one of the diamonds had fallen out. I called Gem Shopping Network's customer service number and was immediately connected to the answering machine where I was instructed to leave my name, phone number and reason for calling, which I did, and was assured that my call would be returned at their earliest opportunity.

It has been four days and I haven't heard from them. Nor do I expect that I ever will. Nor do I believe that they will stand behind their products, most of which are seconds in any case.

A reputable company would at least have returned my phone call. To anyone out there reading this, please take my warning seriously and: LET THE BUYER BEWARE. Read the reviews about this company, and then do yourself a favor and buy your jewelry locally, where you get at least a 30- or 90-day guarantee against loss due to defects.

• Ti
    TinyAnne Feb 28, 2018

DESPITE THE MANY COMPLAINTS THAT I HAVE ABOUT GEM SHOPPIING: I have always had good luck w/them calling me back. If I did leave a number, they always have called back.

hosts

I've been watching your program for months now...But now it's time to make complaints. Why is it...

A ring purchase

I have been looking for a green tourmaline ring for quite awhile. I was excited to see one at a...

Being charged on amex card and not knowing for what or why

been in a dispute for 2 months and getting nowhere. they cannot pin point what my charge on my card...

Pink Diamond Ring

I purchased a pink diamond ring from Gem Shopping Network. The diamonds looked more white then...

Yellow diamonds

Gem Shopping Network is new to our cable market that being said, let me add this; I have been...

Misrepresentation & Fraud

This company should be thoroughly audited and investigated for fraudulent sales. I purchased a $5...

Defective merchandise

I've purchased about 6-8 pieces of jewelry from this company over a week period. 4 of the items were junk, I was told the items were clean and of the fine, fine material. I believe that items put up for auction are seconds, pieces that have been tried to be set and they crack, chip ect the items, then they sell them to recoupe there loss. All you do is have to pay attention to ther words carefully. The host mark has lied to me, Marvin has lied to me also. I would not participate in these auctions. We set the price for items, if we don't buy they don't sell and this company pays approx 10, 000, 000 a year in air time, that gets passed on to us. People keep the bids low don't bid these items up and we can all get a chance to recoupe our losses. Buyer beware.

• Di
    DISGUSTED IN ALBANY Nov 27, 2013

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE ABOVE RELATED EXPERIENCES... THEIR APPRAISALA ARE VASTLY OVERINFLATED, AND DONE BY SUB-CONTRACTORS WITH THEIR GSN COMPANY, SO THEIR APPRAISERS ARE NOT INDEPENDENT, AS THEY FALSELY CLAIM!!! IN FACT, THEY FREQUENTLY HAVE USED 'PRECISION GEM LAB', IN GEORGIA, WITH GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST, GEORGE JACOB HOUGHTALING, SIGNING THESE APPRAISALS (IN 2011). I JUST DISCOVERED THAT 'PRECISION GEM LAB' WAS DISSOLVED IN SEPTEMBER OF 2010, and THE ARTICLE OF 'DISSOLUTION' CAN BE OBTAINED VIA THE INTERNET...SO THEREFORE, GEM SHOPPING NETWORK FRAUDULANTLY PROVIDED JEWELRY APPRAISALS VIA THEIR OWN SUB-CONTRACTOR -- WHO WAS POSING AS A GEMOLOGIST FOR AN 'INDEPENDENT' COMPANY THAT DIDN'T EXIST!!! THIS BEHAVIOR GOES WELL BEYOUND CONFLICT OF INTEREST...IT'S FRAUD!!!

• Gi
    GIAGEMOLOGIST Nov 21, 2014

I am a graduate Gemologist, and I have purchased items from Gem Shopping Network. Your letter makes no sense, because I looked up Georgia Houghtaling, and he is a GG, a graduate GIA gemologist. Morerover, his name is signed on one of my appraisals along with his contact number. I called him personally and discussed your claim, and you are incorrect. He is not an employee of Gem Shopping. He is an independent contractor who owns his own appraisal service. He is exactly what Gem Shopping says he is. In accordance, have you ever heard of liabel and slander? Your letter makes me think you are a jealous jewelry store who is out to discredit his competition.

• Mi
    michele R. Jul 25, 2015

I am sick of these false complaints against gem shopping network in Georgia. I have purchased several times from them over the past 17 years, each and every purchase was as stated, or even better.. All items have appraised far over what I have paid.They are excellent to their customers. They are knowledgeable and funny and very friendly. I call several times and always have a pleasant experience. My gem purchases be they jewelry or loose stones always exceed my hopes. As far as shipping is concerned, I have never paid more than standard US postal first class or small flat rate priority. The postal service sets these rates not Gem Shopping, this I am certain as I work for the US Postal Service as a PTF clerk. Funny how these complaints come flying in by the same people who keep shopping there. The best one yet is the " they are big rip offs, the rings they show on tv are so much larger than the rings you receive". My comment to that was, did you really think you were going to get a ring that is bigger than the presenters head? Come on people !! They always tell you the actual size in cts. & millimeters.So you get the gem weight & size they even put the ring on a models hand to show you. If you don't like them, do not shop there simple " problem solved".

• Ra
    Raeshirl Dec 26, 2015

I have bought 3 things-1 a white loose zircon that i had set in 14 kt gold ring setting and it must be cubic zirconia because it clouded and dulled very quickly! 2 a black loose diamond that was in a sm case that said 1.50 kts-but was actually prob 70 points. 3 bought black diamond earrings in post style-cheap setting and poor quality diamonds-looked better on tv-all 3 pieces looked better on tv!

• Wi
    Wingtip Jan 19, 2017

I have purchased about 7 items over the course of an year. My most costly piece was an auction item from the OPAL HUNTER who sold me a ruby ring in a nice setting. I believed it was quality and waited 4 months before having it sized. When I had initially asked GS to size it, they said maybe I should wait to see if I would really like it. I should have suspected something, but I agreed. Well, I took it to a master watch maker who sizes items for me, and he looked it over and said he couldn't take a chance on changing it from a 6 to an 8 because the stone had a FRACTURE in it making it highly risky to size its setting. I never wore it-- the tags still on it. It has some Swiss Cert with it with nothing mentioned about a fracture. OMG. No wonder people have STEVE tell them if his high end items are occluded. That discovery was last week. At the time of purchase, this item seemed like a good deal, but 2700 is not a small amount to me and certainly not for a FRACTURED ruby. But that wasn't the only insult. Today, I came home and as I finished my dinner glanced down at the tanzanite buckle ring I bought almost a year ago --- its practically the only thing I love out of the 7 regret pieces I bought. Guess what? The buckle part FELL OFF. Now I have this ugly big fat band of junkily set tanzanites with NO BUCKLE. I bought it for that very design!!! I will not be spending anymore hard earned money their way any longer. I can see their customers dwindling away and know why. You can only screw people so much, and then they will despise and desert you.

HUGE Rip off

Gem Shopping Network is an enormous scam. To begin with they charge an enormous amount of shipping...

claims about gemstones

While i'm not an expert, i have done a lot of research into loose gemstones and have made many successful purchases. From the first, i strongly suspected that the list prices quoted by hosts on this network were outrageously inflated to make their final prices seem like a great bargain. Just today, i got something solid to go on: lying outright to the viewers. Both hosts made the claim that their high price for a ring containing a tsavorite garnet was justified, since, "as you all know, tsavorite garnets over one carat are extremely rare. " in a casual search, i found 72, in sizes up to and over 4 carats on one website alone, all good quality and none over a few hundred dollars. I find many more listed on ebay from a variety of reliable sources, all good quality, over one carat and very reasonably priced. "extremely rare" is not just a little exaggerated; it's a bald - faced lie. To all gemstone buyers, do your research; if sellers lie about one thing, they will lie about many. Combine such lies with complaints i've read about this network's failure to honor their own refund promises and you're likely to be ripped off.

• Gi
    GIAGEMOLOGIST Nov 21, 2014

Gem Shopping is a first rate company, and what their host said was absolutely true. Anything over one carat is considered rare, and now that commercial mining is haulted prices are skyrocketing. Some commercial designers are getting $6000 per carat on four carat and larger sizes. Be careful with what you see on Ebay. The Tsavorite is in the grossularite family, but if it's light in color is just an inexpensive Grossularite Garnet. Ebay sellers are notorious for making the stones look darker in their ads and then shipping out garbage. Let the buyer beware! Here is a great article from The International Colored Gemstone Association.

• Im
    imcricket Jan 19, 2015

IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THE WORLD OF GEMSTONES, i WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU FIRST DO YOUR RESEARCH, AND THEN INVEST IN A FEW TOOLS, SUCH AS A REFRACTOMETER, A GEM MICROSCOPE, AND PERHAPS A DICROSCOPE AND SPECTROMETER.ALL OF THE TOOLS THAT I'VE MENTIONED WILL HELP YOU FERRET OUT SYNTHETIC/SIMULANT GEMS, AND KEEP YOU FROM MAKING EXPENSIVE MISTAKES.SHOWS LIKE THIS ARE FILLED WITH DOUBLESPEAK, AND THEY ARE FAR MORE INTERESTED IN MAKING THE SALE, THAN PROPER REPRESENTATION OF THE GEMSTONE THAT THEY WANT YOU TO BUY-ALSO, IF YOU ARE PAYING A SIGNIFIGANT AMOUNT FOR A GEMSTONE/JEWELRY, MAKE SURE THAT IT IS 'GIA' CERTIFIED.THIS MEANS THAT IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND GAURANTEED TO BE REAL BY THE GEM INSTITUTE OF AMERICA.I SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK OUT SELLERS ASSOCIATED WITH 'THE VUG.COM', OR BUY LAPIDAIRY ROUGH AND HAVE IT CUT TO YOUR SPECIFICATIONS.

• Mi
    michele R. Jul 25, 2015

I agree gem shopping is a top rate company, you need to learn & research before you say silly things that you do not really have much knowledge about. Tsavorite gems over 1ct. are very rare and the larger the ct. weight the price goes up a lot. 2cts. are not double the price of 1ct. more like 5 times the price.

• Ug
    Ugogemexpert Jan 23, 2016

The fact of the matter is that all retail prices given y gemshopping are overstated. Furthermore, they do lie about the rarity of all types of gemstones. They inflate the price so that prospective buyers will offer more than what the piece is worth. An example is the rarity of jadeite because of the restriction placed on Burma. There is not a single show host that will not harp on how difficult it is to purchase jadeite in thIs country, when in fact jadeite is readily available because the restriction has not been infored and the material comes into this country via Thy land and China. So although I do agree that a buyer should be aware and knowledgeable regarding gemstones they plan to purchase, gemshopping should curtail being deceitful about the items the sell to the public.

• Ha
    Hanneke Wasserman Nov 04, 2017

They make false statements all the time and their prices are more expensive than any other sources to buy jewelry. It's just that the people who buy from them believe everything they say. And they push Item's so badly that people believe they better act quickly to get a high quality item when they are paying twice the retail for the item. I wish there would be more control put on these companies. But it is the consumer that should be more aware before spending money most really can't afford to spend.

I will never purchase anything again

I purchase a pendant from the program. Received the pendant and did not like the quality of the item. As the host stated many times in the programming, you may return the item if you are not totally satisfied, however, no mention of the time period, long distance phone calls to try to gain the refund. I followed their return policy by contacting their firm to obtain an RA number for the return. I returned the pendant in ample time. I called the customer service dept. to confirm the receipt of the item and was told initially it would be 3 to 4 weeks for the refund. I then contacted the firm again and was told 4-6 weeks for refund and then was given another person by the name of Tisha to contact at [protected]. Contacted this person several times and the 'person who processes the refunds' as indicated by the customer service dept. was never available. I left numerous messages with phone no to the gentlemen who answered the phone. To date still no refund. Please beware of this firm. I will never purchase anything again. I have made several purchases from other jewelry stations and this one is the worst and most advertised.

• Iz
    iZemeraldstar Jan 16, 2013

I agree with comment. I purchases a pink diamond ring that was supposed to be natural pinks with VS1-S1 quality. I was told that I would get an appraisal with it. It came two weeks later. The diamond were S1-S2, and the appraisal did not say the diamonds were natural. It said that they were probably treated and it was not detectable!! WTF! When I sent in a certified letter they did not respond. I have sent the ring off to have the diamonds tested. If they are treated, I can guarantee you I will raise heck all over the Internet. For the kind of the money that they ask, they need to give quality service..it seems the minute they get the money its "oh well"...It appears that the public is paying for air time, ...not quality jewelry...

• Ha
    Hanneke Wasserman Jul 08, 2017

I purchased several pieces of jewelry from them and only 1 ring was nice. I had other items that my jeweler told me were junk diamonds, however I was past the return deadline so I figured I take the loss. Then I purchased a Stambolian Sapphire necklace from them and it arrived damaged so I contacted Stambolian and they had me send it to them. They repaired it, reimbursed me for shipping and apparently contacted GSN. I received a call from GSN and they were not happy but allowed me to return 2 items that I thought I was stuck with. Upon receipt of an email that items were signed for I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute as to stop interest fees. I figured that showed their professionallist and I saw another Stambolian ring I really loved at $1595.00 but I had seen the ring online for $1400.00 at an other seller and they sold it to me for that price. One hour later the same ring was on the same turntable but now offering at $1195.00 so I called back and mentioned this to them, they insisted this was not the same turntable so I told them to cancel my purchase and with that I was informed I could no longer buy from them. My return charges are still in dispute but I don't have to make payments until all is resolved. I have been trying to setup a warning website but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge as to how to do that. I wish I had never seen their channel, nothing but a major scam site . DISH should remove them from their tv lineup.

• Ti
    TinyAnne Feb 28, 2018

I am in complete agreement re: their terrible return policy. The hosts keep telling us that it is easy to return, but ONLY 7 DAYS TO GET OK TO RETURN is an awfully short time to make the decision. I KNOW they think we are wearing the product, and then returning it; that MAY happen, but I deal w/purchasers with the same truthfulness that I think they owe me. They are truly the most inflexible company I've ever purchased from... I have received some beautiful items. and Ive returned probably more than they want. I never tracked how long it was to receive the credit.

Scam Refund Policy

An item I purchased turned out to be of disappointing quality and was returned to the company. Gem Shopping acknowledges getting the returned item on Jan. 14, 2009 I was told that I would get a refund after 60 days. I have called customer service numerous times to see when the promised refund might be forthcoming. Each time I get a vague response and am now told that it may take up to 90 days. My advice is not to get involved with this company unless you want to go into the free loan business. Obviously, they use your money to fund operations and refund only when they are absolutely forced. So far, I have filed with the Better Business Bureau, the FCC and will contact the Govenors Office of Consumer Affairs tomorrow ( State of Georgia). What does it take? Isn't this exactly what Bernie Madoff did? Used money he took in to fund a house of cards? At this point, I'll be shocked if I ever see the money. Buyer BEWARE!

Worthess Bracelet

I bought a multi-sapphire bracelet for $1200 from them. One wearing and it was kinked. I sent it...

Poor service

Please let me preface this complaint by giving a brief history of purchases made with GSN. I purchased approximately $25, 000 in jewelry with them in about a two-month period. I had to keep sending a majority of the jewelry back because it simply was not of the quality you would expect when spending thousands of dollars on such items. Up until recently I considered them to be the premier on-air gem shopping retailer.

I purchased a yellow sapphire ring costing $2, 975 plus $38.85 in shipping along with a pair of earring for $900 plus $18.85 shipping. The total was $3, 932, 70. I had house credit with them for $3, 615.50 and they charged the difference to my credit card. I was unable to wear the ring as it was too wide and extremely uncomfortable on the hand. The earrings were flimsy and cheaply made.

Prior to returning the two items, I purchased a $14, 000 yellow sapphire ring as I thought it would be a better fit and more comfortable on the hand. I explained this the man in the Customer Service Department, who was curt and short with me. It has been my experience that the men who work in the GSN customer service department are the most unfriendly and difficult to work with. I returned the first two initial items immediately and waited for the new yellow sapphire. I received a notice from Federal Express that the package had arrived. I went to pick it up that evening and was informed by Fedex that GSN had the item pulled and instructed Fedex to return it to them. I paid for an item and GSN, out of vindictiveness, took an item back from me without even giving me any sort of notice or explanation. I called to inquire about the ring and I was brushed off by Customer Service. They acted like "there's not much you can do about so too bad."

In the meantime, I waited to be reimbursed for the items returned to them. I opened credit card statement and had been refunded fifteen cents. I had to place a dispute with my credit card company and am awaiting full reimbursement.

GSN is always willing sell you jewelry, however when items of poor quality and workmanship are returned at what they deem to be at "unacceptable return ratio" they will ban you from further purchases and then not allow you to have an item that was legitimately purchased in good faith.

I am now shopping with Americas Value Channel and have spent nearly $100, 000 with them. I have returned a few items as would be expected, however I have always been treated with kindness, respect and honesty.

Awful experience

Gem Shopping is extremely slow in posting a credit to your charge card for merchandise that i...