Kaplan University Online / trying to collect money from me - I never attended a class!

United States Review updated:

It has been several years since I decided to enroll at Kaplan online. I signed up for upwards of 2 classes (and boy was the person on the phone pushy! She basically signed me up without me saying okay). But I dropped them promptly and really never gave it any more thought because I shouldn't owe anything for dropping that quickly.
But now - several years later - I'm being contacted about an outstanding $2000+ debt that I owe! And I'm on the phone now (for like 20 minutes) waiting to see if someone will answer the phone so I can look into these ancient records. This is a joke! I never took any classes - I never got a bill - and now apparently I've got debt collectors calling me! I don't know what to do or apparently how to get a hold of Kaplan online. I'm not just giving a debt collector money...I'd like to verify what in creation is going on! Its definitely some kind of scam if they think I owe that kind of whopping bill for..literally...nothing.

Comments

• In
      Jul 25, 2011

What caliber of gun did she have to your head when she forced you to sign up? Wait a second, she didn’t have a gun to your head, you are just a whiney spineless [censored], well in that case you getting screwed was bound to happen sometime in your life.