[Resolved] JustAnswer.com / unauthorized billing for a club you don't want to join

po box 29045, San Francisco, CA, United States

A couple of years ago, I went on their site and got a good answer. This time? A Disaster. Now, they force you to join their stupid club at $28 dollars a month. I had no intention of joining their club. I am happy with per answer charge. I had a problem and went to their side. I didn't mind the $5 deposit on or about December 1 to ask the question. My question was answered with a question. I did NOT respond but they charged me anyway as if they completed the answer. They are wrong when they claim that you must "accept" I didnt accept anything Then they started to charge me for joining their club and for answering my question with a qustion.. about 10 days after I asked my question. I telephoned them and their stupid response, was to read the FAQs and Terms of Service . I dont want to go on their site. I told them them to cancel me. I just got charged again. Talking to their Customer Service is a total waste of time. It appears their system is set up in a deceptive way to create problems. I have no desire to sign on their web site. Kevin Hertz [protected]@aol.com

• Resolution statement

• JustAnswer Customer Care's Response, Jan 13, 2016

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like you accepted a free trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. It is evident that you did not intend to continue with the membership after the trial ended, and we apologize for any frustration that caused you. In looking into your account it appears that you were able to get in touch with one of our customer support agents and the membership charges have been refunded to you as of yesterday.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

-Adam