Just Brakes / bait and switch

1 2587 W. Main StSnellville, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 678-344-7989

I have a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country with only 22, 000 miles on it and I needed brake work done. I was attracted to the $99 brake service Just Brakes advertise so I took my car to Just Brakes located in Snellville, Ga. They inspected my vehicle and stated that my brake line was twisted which is restricting the flow of the brake fluid which is causing the whole brake system to overheat and damaging it. I need repair/replace my calipers, rotors, pads and the brake line. The $99 brake work I was expecting is now turning into a $600 repair work at least. Needless to say, I was pretty upset and shock. I decided to call Carmax and see if the twisted brake line and the damage it cause would be covered under my extended warranty. They recommend that I bring in my car to their shop and in not so many words, stated that Just Brakes is probably ripping me off. When I told Just Brakes that I will be removing my vehicle and I am taking it somewhere else, they tried to convince me that I am wasting my time.

Carmax inspected my vehicle and found nothing wrong with my brake line, my brakes was not overheating the brake system and all it needed was new brake pads and they also adjusted my rear brakes. While the brake work was being done, they provided a loaner vehicle. They also guarantee their repairs for 6 months. In total, I paid $237 and peace of mind that Carmax is not ripping me off.

I will never take any of my vehicles to Just Brakes ever and I wanted to let everyone know what kind of business they are and to not waste your time.

Ma

Comments

• Ti
      20th of Jun, 2008

My sister took her car to just brakes for the $99 job and they took her to the cleaners told her she need rotters pads calipers etc and it cost her $350 money she did not have and she is preganant and is very upset and when she left the brakes went all the way to the floor and she went into the road luckly with no injury ... so i told her to look into what we could do... they are scamers all the way in my opinion and should be sued a few times and maybe this is one time they might be it indangered her and her unborn childs life...

• Ju
      29th of Aug, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes
    was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We
    are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at 1-800-445-7105 to be connected with the local Market Director. We look
    forward to serving you.