Just BrakesBunch of Liars

B

I decided to bring wife's '06 Sequoia to Just Brakes to take advantage of the $ 99 special. I figured that since it was fairly new, the chances of an expensive brake job would be very unlikely. I waited for them to disassemble so I could see the condition and after a short while, they asked me to take a look at what they found. Their suggested repair was $ 480 and included rebuilding the calipers, replacing the hardward and flushing the break lines. I've done my own break jobs for over 20 years, so I'm pretty knowledgable about the ins and outs. This guy must have thought I was an idiot when he told that you can't add break fluid to the system so it would have to be flushed and according to him, the hardware is an item that should always be replaced. In case you don't know, hardware is not a wear item so replacement is highly unlikely, especially on the first go around. As far as rebuilding the calipers as suggested, I looked at the pads and they were worn evenly. (both pades were the same thickness) I questioned why he would suggest rebuilding calipers as the brake fluid was virtually clear and the pistons were obviously working as designed. All he would say was that Toyoto's 4 pistion design had inherint problems and this portion of the repair was just a "proactive" suggestion. After discussing their recommentations he showed me the estimates again and said some were optional but some were required. The optional repair was $ 480 but the required repair was $ 227. I question what repairs were required and again, pointed to the fluid level and hardware and said those items were required. After a few minutes, I walked away and returned to their office. The manager finally walked back in and I told him $ 99 and that's it. He agreed, but it sure was stranage how cold he treated me from that point forward. Even though the pads have a lifetime warranty, I'll go somewhere else the next time or do it myself.

RESOLVED

• Ju
    Just Brakes admin Aug 29, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at [protected] to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.