Jpmorgan Chase / wrongful bank levy
I unfortunately had to file for bankruptcy in December of 2010. One of
My creditors included in the action was Jp Morgan Chase Bank, for a credit card. 2 months after I filed and while I was protected by the Bankruptcy stay laws, Chase Bank went to court and got issued a Writ of Execution, placing a levy on my personal bank accounts. Money I use to support my son and myself. Chase refused to answer or acknowledge any of my attorney's numerous calls and faxes. I lost almost 2 lbs in 1 day from the stress of watching charges clear my account and the additional $29 overdraft fee follow it. My attorney was able to show my credit union risk manager that this was not a legally prepared request. Chase knew I was in the process of bankruptcy, yet they ignored US laws and went ahead and enforced this levy. Thankfully, my credit union released the levy, themselves. Anyone else have this problem w/ JP Morgan Chase Bank???? I think they should be sued!!! With the millions of dollars this corporation has, they think they are above the law. They need to be shown that isn't correct!
More Jpmorgan Chase Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - bank oversight
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase bank customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - checking account
- Chase Bank - asking me to pay for their mistake!
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service