Jpmorgan Chase / account closing

1 Alameda, CA, United States Review updated:

On the 26th of November 2010 I recieved a change of agreement from Chase Bank. The agreement stated that my "Totally Free Checking" is no longer free. There will be a $10 monthly fee starting in Feburary of 2011 if I do not have: (1) Direct Deposit of $500, or (2) $1, 500 in my checking or (3) $5, 000 in combined balance in all qualified accounts at Chase. Nine months ago in Feburary of 2010 I received a change of agreement stated that "Chase" will honor the "Totally Free Checking" grandfather accounts which was formally owned by Washington Mutual Bank. In nine months Chase Bank have decided to end the free checking accounts for all former Washington Mutual. Since free checking accounts are not as profitable in nine months, so Chase decided to start charging customers. I am from a low income family therefore cannot afford to spend $10 per month on checking, because of the increase of cost of living. The bottom line is that in nine months the second largest bank in America have turned themselves into greedy business men who will profit from the lower class, and middle class citizens. My way of justice is to get everyone to know what Chase is doing. Hopeful you feel the same and protest by switching to a bank that works for the lower class, and middle class. I have also done several research on Banks, and I concluded that region banks such as US Bank, Union Bank, and Bank of the West have more banking products fro the lower class, and middle class.

Comments

• Mr
      30th of Nov, 2010

Of course banks are greedy businesses. That is not the point.
    The point is that WAMU gave us "Free Checking For Life" as a contract deal. That is a liability they undertook just like a bond. When Chase bought WAMU they got all the assets and all the liabilities. Chase should honor those debts just like they would honor their bonds. They don't because they can get away with cheating little guys.