Jetstar Airways / cancellation and re book costs
We have had to cancel a flight (13/8/18) to Bali due to an my wife's urgent health problem that required a colonoscopy, CT scan and blood tests a few days prior to a booked flight. Unsure if urgent Gall Bladder surgery was required on the Monday 13th but subsequently surgeon advised it could be put off for a year or so it was too late so cancellation was only option.
When advising Monday morning (13th) of cancellation and requesting to re book for Bali departing September 18th, returning October 9th we have been charged on top of our already paid for original booking cost (booked 27th December 2017) another $890.86 on top of original booking payment.
Our re booked flight dates fall outside WA school holidays. Had we have made this new booking on line and choosing the same dates, at best we would have paid no more than $1000.00 tops, probably less. Yet we had already paid $613. in Dec 17.
As loyal Jetstar clients, we have flown Jetstar over the last two years after quitting Air Asia because of their safety concerns.
How is it that Jetstar can charge such an excessive amount to simply cancel yet re book again. This is unconscionable behaviour and represents gouging loyal customers.
We want to continue to fly Jetstar to Bali at least twice per year but feel unless some compensation is offered that we will reluctantly look at other airlines in the future.
One last point. Why do Jetstar advertise their on line prices devoid of taxes & charges? No other airline does this.
Hoping for a reply
William & Christine Crosbie
More Jetstar Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Jetstar Airways - my nightmare with jetstar 
- Jetstar - extra baggage policy 
- Jetstar - the jetstar customer care team 
- Jetstar - another unhappy customer 
- Jetstar - obtaining money thru deception (allegedly) 
- Jetstar Airways - flight jq117 from dempasar bali friday 9th november 8.50am
- Jetstar Airways - security scan
- Jetstar Airways - staff
- Jetstar Airways - I am complaining about customer service
- Jetstar Airways - customer service