Jennifer Convertible / dishonest, disloyal and crooked

1 1231 Fulton Street Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn, NY, United States
Phone: 718-638-5524

I went into JC (1231 Fulton Street) on Friday, December 12 to order a leather queen size sofa bed. At the time the order was placed this sofa was available and scheduled to be delivered on December 20. On December 20 at 12pm I called the store and spoke with Sheirll Maywright (the store manager) and he assured me that I was scheduled to have a delivery and should I not receive my delivery by 5pm to please give him a call and he'll follow-up. At 5pm I called to inform that I had not heard anything and my furniture had not been delivered, he told me he would call me back - and he did. When he called back, he informed me that the driver said the furniture had been damage (although he couldn't confirm how or what part of the furniture was damage). I told him that my husband and I would be down to look at another piece of furniture, he basically said that there wasn't anything in the store, but I could come and look around. Once we got there, of course there wasn't anything there close to what I ordered as he said. He called another store (Livingston Street), they had the same sofa (272 Oak leather blend) in clearance, the sofa was damage, but I could have it for a lower price if I wanted. So my husband and I dashed down to that store, to only get there and was told that the furniture had been sold moments before I came in. I spoke with Paul (General Manager) and he apologized for the inconvenience and said that he would get back to me on Monday to see if there was something he could do. He would try to have something delivered to me on Tuesday. He (Paul) didn't even have the decency to call me on Monday. My only option provided by Sheirll was to take the clearance piece at $499 (but it won't be protected under the warranty should anything happen to it).
I feel that JC are crooks and their employee have crooked tactics, I believe the mission is to get the customer in the door and to outright deceive. All of the back forth between Saturday, December 20 and today, Monday, December 22 has led me to believe the furniture was never available and as long as I paid a deposit up front ($293 for taxes and delivery) that's all that mattered. I'm very disappointed in the way my situation has been handled ~ It's three days before Christmas and I don't have any furniture because I gave my sofa away in good faith that I would have a brand new sofa delivered on Saturday, December 20. As I shared with Sheirll he nor Paul cared and they did not do everything could to help my situation. I will make it part of my mission to discourage anyone looking for furniture to not buy from JC because of my experience and all of the other experiences that I have learned about on line. Again I say these are their tactics to be crooked, dishonest, and disloyal - I guess this is how they have stayed in business all this time - 34 years cheating people out of their money, time and most all furniture. Keep up the good work! It's kept you in business this long!!