Jennifer Convertibles Logo

Jennifer Convertibles

Having problems with Jennifer Convertibles?

Jennifer Convertibles reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 22, 2006. The latest review Living room sectional 3PcsThames Modular was posted on Apr 22, 2021. The latest complaint incomplete order/mistake in delivery was resolved on Jun 15, 2013. Jennifer Convertibles has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 51 reviews. Jennifer Convertibles has resolved 21 complaints.

Jennifer Convertibles Customer Service Contacts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Jennifer Convertibles Customer Service. Initial Jennifer Convertibles complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Jennifer Convertibles above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Jennifer Convertibles. Discuss the issues you have had with Jennifer Convertibles and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Jennifer Convertibles Complaints & Reviews

Jennifer Convertibleshorrendous!!

If you are considering shopping at Jennifer Convertibles please read what I recently experienced before making the decision to spend your money there.

I did lots of research and checked out about 6-8 different stores for a good quality leather couch. I am a firm believer you get what you pay for so when it comes to a piece of furniture I am all about spending a little more if it means better quality. The final two leather couches came down to Raymour and Flanigan and Jennifer Convertibles, I am now having buyers remorse after bad customer service at Jennifer Convertibles.

I purchased a nice leather couch for $2500 1.5 years ago from Jennifer Convertibles and purchased the extended warranty that says they will fix or replace any damage to the couch for 2 year from the purchase date. I email Jennifer Convertibles to let them know that the seam where the leather meets the fabric on the bottom of the cushion has split. Granted the split of the seam is on the bottom of the cushion but I wanted it fixed or replaced before it got worse. Jennifer Convertibles email response to me was that this was not covered because it was over a year from the purchase date and a defect by the manufacturer that they are not responsible for.

I felt the fact that this was their response at a time when good customer service is essential to retain customers and obtain new customers through referrals was a very poor decision on their part. I also was looking to purchase the matching love seat and chair which was about another $1700 which after this experience, will not be purchasing from them..

I will never buy anything from Jennifer Convertibles or any related company again. I plan on contacting the manufacturer Ashley Furniture to see if they can be of more assistance than Jennifer was.

Please don’t make the same mistake I did and buy a piece of furniture from Jennifer Convertibles.

Jennifer Convertiblespoor quality

Check out this video before spending any money at Jennifer Convertibles. Seriously. And don't opt for the Upholstery Shield/Leather Protection Plan. It's a scam just to milk more money out of you.

poor quality
    poor quality

• Sc
        Scammed_Again Mar 03, 2015

I have a sofa and two chairs delivered. Upon delivery, the microfiber was damaged in a few places (very cheap material) and the back cushions had deep wrinkles from being packed so tightly in boxes. When the delivery people saw the wrinkles they told me that it would eventually smooth out. I returned this living room set and purchased another. This time a leather sofa. Sure enough, the cushions were too tightly packed in boxes and came out wrinkled, and I was given the same excuse. I was so frustrated at this point that I decided to try to believe that the wrinkles would smooth out... almost three years later and it's still the same. The two chairs accompanying the sofa? Two of the legs fell off and the others were wobbly. The cocktail table and end tables also became very wobbly. I had to have a handyman come in and fix them. Although the furniture may look good in the store, resist the temptation and run out of there as quickly as you can!

• justinacase Aug 21, 2011

The YouTube video does not lie. "Real" leather is not supposed to peel off, regardless.
        ...when you’ve got a gripe, share it on social networking websites (facebook, twitter, youtube) ... follow, like, subscribe! share your gripe with all of they're subscribers.

• justinacase Aug 21, 2011

I agree! Jennifer Convertibles Sucks.

Cheome Jul 26, 2011

I had previously brought in the past from Jennifer Convertibles and it was an okay experience. This was over twenty years ago. Things have definitely changed. I will never buy from them again.
        The sale person was pleasant yet she kept pushing for something we didn't need. We were happy to hear that we could get the sofa the following week. As soon as we left the store, the saleperson called and changed the delivery date to three weeks later. This was a big disapointment. We had the sofa now for a month, the cushions are already getting flat and they slide off the sofa. This is the most annoying thing having to straighten the cushion everytime you get off the sofa. I wish I had gone elsewhere, They say guarantee, but that means that you are guarantee to be stuck with it. Unless, you put up a big fight. It's really not worth it. You get what you pay for I guess.

Jennifer Convertibles — big kahuna material ripped apart poorly done

I purchase the sectional big kahuna and in march i looked the material had fallen apart. i called they sent a...

Jennifer Convertibles — bad leather

Purchased a leather couch a little over 2 years ago and the leather is completely wearing off. Called the...

Jennifer Convertibles — management and delivery

On 12/24/10 I purchased a leather sofa and an arm chair from Jennifer Convertibles. Within a weeks time I...

Colma

Jennifer Convertibles — warranty issues

I purchased a furniture set consisting of a sofa, loveseat, and chair on 6/11/07 from the Jennifer...

Jennifer Convertiblesworst store and service

I need to complain Jennifer Convertibles for their terrible service and terrible furniture. I do not recommend anyone to buy furniture from them. Even IKEA furniture is better than them.

I bought a sofa set from Jennifer Convertibles San Mateo, CA location on Oct 09.in just 2 months, the springs of the sofa are having the squeezing noise and the middle of the sofa goes down deeper than it supposed to be when sitting on it. It’s getting extremely not comfortable to sit on and my back starts to get hurt. This is too ridicule. On 2 months, the sofa is broken. I can’t believe this is even worse than IKEA furniture. I am extremely disappointed. The manager said the sofa has a year warrant. I called Jennifer Convertibles customers service and the tech people comes 3 WEEKS LATER. But at the end of the “repair service”, he said he could not fix the springs or the noise and it’s up to Jennifer Convertibles manufacture to either fix or change it for us. He said someone will call us for 7 days but no one called us. I called their customer center and I got hold for 15 minutes and the rep. finally told me that there is NOTHING they can do. Based on their policy, the manufacture said there is NOTHING wrong with the springs ALTHOUGHT they are MAKING NOISE!!! I called back the manager and the manager said there is nothing he could help!!!

This is a terrible experience. I paid over $800 to buy a Sofa set and it is broken in 2 months. Although the agreement in the back of the receipt said it’s under 1 year warrant, but Jennifer Convertibles refused to do anything for it and said there is NOTHING WRONG???!!! What should I do with the broken not comfortable sofa that makes my back hurt? I just got that in 2 months. I am so angry and disappointed with their service. This is the worst stores and service I've ever dealt with!

jacobeth Mar 16, 2010

I purchased a sectional at Jennifer Convertibles in Owings Mills, MD last October. The couch was on sale so my wife and I bought it. The delivery was more expensive than we could afford, so since I had a truck and the warehouse was only 30 minutes away I decided to drive down there to get it. Customer pick-up is available once a month so we had to wait until mid November to get it. When we were halfway there I decided to call and confirm, they said they had no record of my purchase, so we turned around and went home. I immediately called the showroom (where I made my purchase) and talked to a sales rep. He told me that the furniture was unavailable because the guy who sold me the couch made a mistake in submitting the order and another salesman sold my couch (the one at the warehouse) to another customer. He then told me that I could wait until next month (December 23) to pick it up again.

Okay, so I understand the mix-up that happened. We're all human, and mistakes happen. But, here's the kicker. Upon telling me I would have to wait another month to pick up the couch, the gentleman at the showroom said that because the couch was marked down so low, there was NOTHING THEY COULD DO TO HELP ME. "Were making almost nothing on the purchase, " He said. Nothing they could do. I asked if I could get free shipment... nope. I would have to pay the full $150. "Could you throw in a rug for my immense troubles?" Nope.

Needless to say, I was pretty irate by this point. I should've backed away from the deal and got the full refund they almost wouldn't let me have. Instead I consented to wait another month to go down and pick the couch up myself. I did, and now I finally have it. I will never shop at Jennifer's, again. Please inform anyone you might know in my area (central Maryland) who might be looking to get new furniture and tell them to go anywhere but Jennifer's, especially the one in Owings Mills.

Jennifer Convertiblespoor service

I ordered a chair and ottoman on June 5, 2009. I was told it would take 16 weeks.in October, I called to inquire. Store Manager told me they lost the paperwork and would get back to me. I had to call her back after several hours and was told she was sorry to inform me that it was never ordered and my options were they could reorder or I could cancel. She further stated I may be able to get a discount that she would have to get approval for. She told me she'd call me back and to date I have not heard from her. It should be noted the furniture is paid in full and they have had my money, over $750, since June. I also expressed my concern over the fact that I clearly stated that we had pets and wanted the additional leather protection warranty. The sales person sold us the protection plan. It was later that I read the fine print and saw it clearly excluded any pet damage. I felt they should have disclosed this especially since we told the sales person we had dogs! I'm sorry I gave them my business; last year we ordered a sofa and loveseat and decided later to go ahead and order the matching chair/ottoman.

Jennifer Convertibles — poor customer service

To make a long story short, I purchased two reclining chairs to be delivered on Wednesday September 23, 2009...

Jennifer Convertible — couches

Wow where can I begin, This company is a joke. They have the WORST Delivery Service and Sales representative...

Jennifer Convertibles — bait and switch - deliberatley mis-represented product - made it impossible to return product. literally.

Thieves. Simply thieves. Michael the store manager deliberately and with total knowledge he was doing so...

Jennifer Convertibles Furniturebad service

I purchased 2 sofa beds on sale for $299.00 each on April April 11, 2008, the sale was to end the following day. I paid the whole amount on a credit card and chose to pick it up myself (because delivery was $139.00 per piece) As the next few days came and went, I found out that I couldn't get anyone I knew to pick up my sofas, so on Friday evening, April 14th, I phoned the store to cancel the order, there was no answer (I figured that perhaps they had closed early for Good Friday) so I went up there in person on Saturday, April 15th. I was told at that time that I COULD NOT CANCEL because I was spast the 48 hour limit, but I could still cancel; they would just keep 30 % of my total. I left the store very upset. I called the store on Monday, April 17, 2008 and spoke to the manager, Jo Anne who did indeed confirm that I could not cancel my order, WITHOUT LOSING 30 %. I phoned her manager, Lisa Hupfer on Monday, as well and left a voice mail message explaining what had happened, NO CALL BACK. I called the next 2 days, and still NO CALL BACK. NOW I'M REALLY UPSET.

If anyone else has ever experienced anything like this from JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES, please let me know. I did see on the Internet that they are being sued in New York.

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is
          intended only for the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege is
          waived or lost by any error in transmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this
          message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or
          take any action in reliance on it.

Jennifer Convertiblespoor product/service/warranty

Stay Away - if you need convincing - read the many websites inc this one that tell their story. From the minute we ordered the leather furniture and waited 6 - 8 weeks for the furniture to arrive - to the way it is "wearing out" after a few years of normal use and no response after many attempts to have my purchased $ warrantly acted upon - no action - no contact - no customer service. Too bad - it could be so different but now I've got to pass it on and tell all myfamily and friends to stay away.

Jennifer Convertiblesservice /workmanship

purchased a dual love seat 7 mos. ago .I called for an appt. waited over 2 weeks for the service tech. Well he came and the visit lasted only about 7 minutes, where I was told that it would be another 4/5weeks for parts and materials.I gave up a day of work only to be told wait again.My appt. was for a service tech, not a job repair estimate. The quality of this merchandise is poor, and I;m afraid that when this repair is done the other reclining mechanism will need to be repaired, and with the waitng my warranty probably be void.And to think I gave up a perfectly GREAT sofa for this!!! Thanks alot, after this is repaire9I Hope) I;ll be ready for another sofa, but NOT HERE!!

Jennifer Convertiblesuninformed

I received a delivery of my sofa bed.They were not able to get the couch through the doorway.When I called the store they informed me that the dimensions were on the receipt.At no time was I told that the couch was oversized and would not fit through a standard doorway.I would also like to mention that a love seat had been delivered with no problems.I was informed that they would charge an additional $200 dollars to reassemble my furniture.I hired someone at my own expense to remove the glass sliding doors and they are charging me to re-deliver this furniture.I don't think I should have to pay to deliver the furniture again when I could have made arrangments to remove the door the first time had I been informed that the couch was oversized to begin with.Please email me back with a response.

• Ka
                    KatieBrew Jul 16, 2009

Hello? Did your receipt have dimensions on it? AKA...YOUR responsibility!

Jennifer Convertiblesfraud and scam

Maybe I should have done my research before driving 40 miles in pouring rain to get myself a smaller sofa for my new place. I was very excited to find good looking and perfect seating but extremely discouraged to find out not only was the 'local' delivery charge $160 but that my location was considered 'long distance' and would cost another $100 on top of their ridiculous delivery charges. When told about it, of course I objected and had some questions. Kudos to the sales girl, but the manager was extremely rude, wanted to 'school' me on 'Global Delivery'! I left, but returned after not being able to find something else suitable for my situation. Upon return, the manager continued to be rude to me and when I told her she was rude she became worse...and I quote...'We just need to stop talking to each other.'

Now, explain this...if all the merchandise comes from a warehouse in southern California...why is delivering to my hometown (which happens to be closer to LA than this particular store) considered long distance???? And, why would I have to sign to decline their $170 protection plan if they weren't making it optional? I am very disappointed that I wasted the gas and had to deal with a rude manager...even more disappointed that the set I wanted to purchase was perfect for my situation. Hidden costs make for false advertising in my book. These stores should be closed.

Jennifer Convertiblesawful company

I'm not going to spend a lot of time detailing my complaint. Fact is, we all have pretty much the same complaints. From the poor quality products sold at top dollar, to botched up deliveries, to not recieving the furniture we were sold (Bait and Switch tactics), to most importantly, the cruddy customer service. I have found, to my horror, that after the shocking dealings with these con-artists, that the main reason for their ability to stay in business is that all of these complaints have been dealt with in a small scale and only locally or individually. I'm pissed, and so are hundreds of other JC victims whose stories I've read on web sites like this one. I have been inspired to write everyone of these sites in hopes to inspire nation wide action against this retail virus. I'm not waiting or holding my breath for a call from some District Manager who is obviously not going to return our calls, and I'm sure as Hell not going to sit by and allow some 'Customer Service' rep to treat me or my family like dirt for doing business with them in the first place. The only reply I'm waiting for is from the company who owns most of the shopping malls in Maryland after I directed them to these web site and to the dirty way this company is doing business. I strongly encourage any one who is currently looking at an overpriced pile of junk in their living room that they have recently become married to, to take immediate action nation wide. Contact the BBB, Attorney General, FTC, the stores land lords and especially the media. This plague is operating nationally and so should our efforts to not only rectify our injustices but to prevent further victimizing by Jennifer Convertibles. The only reason I can see that so many victims around the country are dealing with the same problem, is because there is no public awareness of this problem. Most people, like myself, went to Google search engine and clicked right on their website not even seeing the ten pages or so of warnings from other victims just like you. These web sites are a great tool, but not enough by themselves. We need to stand up and remind these hoodlums who the retail world revolves around.

The Customer!!! I'm hoping to inspire at least a mass public awareness of these crooks. I want Jennifer Convertibles scams to be as well known as McDonalds sell hamburgers. I feel an informed public has the ability to shut this company down!! If you are pissed too or have any ideas on how to put an end to the deception and the lies, please contact us at [protected]@comcast.net The further our stories spread, the less damage they can do!!!

• Ka
                        KatieBrew Jul 16, 2009

I'll make my comment short...You claim to have paid "top dollar" for Jennifer furniture. Where do you you usually shop?
                        K-Mart? Seems to me that these so called "con-artists" are providing better quality furniture than you are willing to pay for. Why complain?

Jennifer Convertible — dishonest, disloyal and crooked

I went into JC (1231 Fulton Street) on Friday, December 12 to order a leather queen size sofa bed. At the...

Jennifer Convertibles — loveseat/tables

My husband and I purchased 2 loveseats, coffee table, 2 end tables. When it arrived the leather was more like...

Jennifer Convertiblesterrible experience

Almost a year ago, I spent thousands of dollars buying new leather furniture for my living room. After months of shopping, I decided on the complete set from Jennifer Convertibles. 1st mistake! Our delivery was late, they unwrapped our new merchandise in our front yard under our giant pine tree and scratched the leather on all pieces. There was a tear in the love seat and the chair. There were large, deep scratches in the sofa and love seat seat cushions and arms and the top of the ottoman. I made the delivery driver wait until I reached customer service to have the damage noted before I accepted delivery. (45 min) They said they would send a tech out to repair/replace the damaged pieces.

He came, was unable to fix anything, ordered pieces to replace and left. 6 weeks go by, many calls and no response. I receive an arm, a piece of FAKE leather and a back pillow, reschedule the tech, he comes back, wrong pieces received, can't fix anything. Says he will reorder. Many more calls, and several more months go by... nothing! Customer service is rude and offer no solutions. I called mgr where I got the furniture, he says he will help.

More broken promises, they won't even answer my calls, return my messages or emails... now what? Damaged furniture still in my living room. In 5 weeks, it will be 1 year since I ordered and still no resolution. Do NOT order from JC!!!

• La
                          LAVERN09 Oct 14, 2009

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF COMMUNICATION.
                          THE DELIVERY GUYS PLACED MY KITCHEN TABLE IN DINNING ROOM AND SAID THEY WERE ONLY THERE TO PLACE SOFA WHERE I WANTED NOT TABLE SO I HAD TO TAKE TABLE APART ANT REASSEMBLE IN KITCHEN MYSELF. DELIVERY GUYS LEFT EMPTY CONTAINERS IN BACK OF FRONT DOOR .THEY WERE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL THE MANAGER AT STORE SAID HE DIDN'T THINK THE DELIVERY GUYS WOULD DO THAT SO THEY ALL ARE NOT TRUE TO TREATING CUSTOMER FAIRLY

• Fa
                          Facelip Sep 28, 2009

Entered Jennifer Convertible on Sunday, August 5, 2008 with my daughter. The salesmen was working with someone else when we walked in. We hovered around the door for a while and no one acknowledged us. We began to walk near the center of the store and the salesmen acknowledged and asked if we had been in the store before, and we said yes. He said he would be with us and if we had any questions we could let him know and he gave us his name. He finished with the customer he was working with and another couple walked in the store and he walked pass us rushing to greet this couple.

I said excuse me could we ask you a question (we were seated on a couch that we wanted to purchase). He said he had to greet the couple that just walked in and I said you did not greet us when we walked in...do you have time to answer our questions. He said "no" and proceeded to go to the other couple who came in after us. He left us sitting and totally ignored us and began asking that couple how could he help them. We walked past him and asked his name and he told us what it was. We were denied service and my twelve year old was stunned that he completely ignored us as if we were not considered as customers.

I would not like to think that this had anything to do with race, but I will mention that my daughter and I are African American and the couple that he was rushing to help were European American. Appalled and disgusted. I am writing this to discourage anyone from shopping in this store. There are plenty of other good furniture store in Danbury that offer good service and high quality sleep sofa. I purchase one from another establishment.