JCPenney / LensCrafters / closed credit!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I am blown away right now after reading of the nightmares people have suffered at the hands of this GE Money Bank. In the last two weeks I too have had my little problems with this Bank. In the form of my credit cards, namely JCPenney and Lenscrafters. To my shock last week while making a purchase at JCPenney I was told my credit account was closed. I owe approximately $550 on this account. My purchase was $44. I was so embarrassed. I am not a person who wants the world to know her business and that day about 15 people who I never want to see again knows more about me than I'd like them to know. All because Penney's personnel like to speak to the whole store instead of the person in front of them. Doesn't matter that I have been a loyal consumer for 38 years. It seems that I had been late 6 times over a defined period and now I am a risk. JCPenney company evidently likes to turn their credit business to a less than desirable credit grantor (GEMoney). Penney's employee told me that this defined period is in the "agreement" I signed. I don't think so as I was 18 years old when that happened and GEMoney wasn't in the picture. Anyway, I had gotten past this up to today when I received a letter from GEMoney Bank regarding my Lenscrafter account. Which has not been used since 10/06. And no current balance! GEMoney has chosen to close this account also and report it to the Credit Bureau closed by credit grantor! I am over the moon about this. First, I didn't give them permission to run a credit check on this account because I had no reason to. Isn't there some law against this privacy invasion? Am I just stupid or what? There has to be some restitution for this humiliation. This makes me look like a real dead beat. I will be a bundle of nerves when I have to make application for credit in the future. Yes, I will request a credit report and will fight this on every level possible. At this time, I wouldn't darken the doorways of either JCPenney's or Lenscrafters. They endorse a unreliable less than honest bank.

Comments

• Da
      13th of May, 2009

Something very similar happened to me all because JCP incompletely processed my change of address so that I didn't get my bill. As soon as I finally was notified on the bill I paid it that day. Still, they closed my account. I won't shop there for any reason. They have some sleazy, dishonest practices.