JCPenney / answer the questoins and get spam!

A few weeks ago I got an email from JC Penny asking that I answer several questions and that if I answered all of the questions I would receive a $500 JC Penny card. There were many many questions, some I could not answer because it was a company wanting me to buy one of two products which I did not want to do. At that point I stopped answering and left the site. These were all sites from schools and businesses. Immediately, the same day I started getting about 50 SPAM messages from all these businesses every day. Fortunately I have a SPAM filter with McAfee but a few get through everyday. I am even getting mail from schools wanting me to register. I think this is a very underhanded thing for JC Penny to have done to their card holders.

Joan

Jo

Comments

• Ir
      6th of Apr, 2007

Actually, Joan

The email that you are talking about has nothing to do with jcpenny. As a matter of fact JCPenny has never ever gave out gift cards to customers for filling out a survey online. It was just another one of those spam messages that are designed to trapt you into buying certain things and give out your information. Don't ever fall for those kind of emails regardless of the name of the company.

• Hd
      5th of Jul, 2008

### u all usa

• De
      27th of Jun, 2009

Ever hear the saying if its too good to be real it usually is! DUH