iPAGE.com / Dishonest Practices Leaning Toward Fraud

If you are still seriously considering signing up for iPage.com, here's an article that gives a very thorough explanation as to why you might want to give it some additional thought.

Comments

• Bl
      9th of Nov, 2011

I totally agree. I signed up with them for less than a month. They added a dozen charges and racked credit card charges to over $300.00 before I caught it. I canceled and they only removed a portion of the charges. The advertising was totally inconsistent with reality and I soon realized that there was no way I could use them as a server for an online store. I told them they were fraudulent and doing a credit card scam and should be reported as such. They issued a support ticket for my complaints. Big deal. I would like to get my money back and completely write them off.

• Bl
      9th of Nov, 2011

iPage uses false advertising in multiple areas. This convoluted advertising and multiple add ons gives them opportunity to add/sneak charges onto a credit card. Just the name itself giving the impression they are part of Mac is totally false. The Internet has multiple sites describing them as wonderful, but this is their own advertising. The only positive I can say is that I realized the scam within a short period of time and bailed. The best advice - do not give them your credit card number. They were appalling to deal with and should be listed as a fraudulent credit card scam

• Gi
      7th of Jul, 2012

This company is a scam artist located in India! They have charged me for two years service and I've never been able to login! They say they don't give refunds yet there is a "money-back" guarantee on their advertising! They told me to log in and change my payment plan so I won't be charged again, but since I can't log in that is not possible! Sound like a scam to you? Do your homework before you get scammed too!

• Aj
      4th of Sep, 2012

52 service issue requests 72 days and counting. Downed servers, email server redirects without notification, bandwidth limitations on a website addition that simply contained a rotating picture module. AND OF COURSE THE GRAND DADDY OF ALL LIES. An ipage.com staff member told me flat out, I was not allowed to have more than 10 people viewing my site at the same time, if I wanted more I would need to upgrade to a dedicated server. NOTE**** In order to move an initial domain from 1 web host to another, you must wait at least 60 days. I approached the 58th day of service and a tech support "accidentally" took my mentioning a refund for a portion of my service for a request to cancel and deleted my website, thus prompting them to reinstate the account (another 3 day wait and over 475 minutes on the phone with them) and start the 60 day process all over again. My compensation was an upgrqade to premium tech support which does me nothing as we are now in the SEO and promoational part of the web startup. File a complaint with the BBB and continue to post your nightmares

• So
      20th of Oct, 2017

I agree- They are Dishonest unprofessional, unqualified liars.
    They were RUINING my site for 13 days SINCE i JOINED THEM. I was working on building WP and every day I was coming back to ABSOLUTELY BLANK PAGE, BECAUSE THEY DID ADJUSTMENTS WITHOUT MY REQUEST OR AUTHORIZATION.
    DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!