[Resolved] Intelius.com / no privacy protection
They do not provide a solution to remove your personal information. I have been trying for weeks to get my information removed. I now have a case pending with TRUSTe (who actually puts their seal on the website), the local BBB, and a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision. If you want your information removed, I suggest you file a complaint with the FTC! Their fax number does not work and they will NOT respond to your emails.
AGAIN if you had a problem with Intelius.com, file a complaint with the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION! This is the only way to stop it, once their is enough evidence for the authorities.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Dec 01, 2010
Managing personal information through the Intelius opt-out service is just one step in eliminating its availability. There are many other sites that may provide similar information found on our site. Public records sites, search engines, social networking sites and other online companies provide different levels of information about individuals.
You can also contact your local utility companies, courthouses and/or county offices to determine what information is being made available; and how to have it removed.
To accurately suppress that data, we recommend you follow the ‘opt out’ process found on the Intelius website at http://www.intelius.com/privacy.php . Please review the “How to Remove your Information from the Intelius Public Records Databases” section of the policy. We do require the individual’s identity to be verified prior to processing an opt out; however, if they do not feel comfortable faxing us their driver’s license or other state issued identification; they can send a notarized statement of their identity.
If sending a notarized statement of identity, please mail to:
Attn: Opt Out Dept.
P.O. Box 808
Bothell, WA 98041-0808
We appreciate your cooperation is resolving this issue apologize for any inconvenience.
More Intelius.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- Intelius - scam!!! they are stealing my money!!! 
- Intelius - complaint 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising 
- Intelius - intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.