[Resolved] Intelius / stop billing me

I agree. this is a sherade, sham a scheme to rob you. i too have fallen victim to them and can not keep them out of my account. the info you get from them is not complete. their site is obviously set up to get your personal info to exploit you and steal from you.look out for them under these names: int*idprotect mntr svc, intelius-intelius.com . you may want to email your story to : us government - homeland security spam@uce.gov this is the federal multi-jurisdictional task-force assigned to investigate and prosecute internet fraud. unfortunately many of these web-sites are operating under many layers of fraudulent sham corporations outside of our borders where extradition agreements do not exist.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 15, 2009

Managing personal information through the Intelius opt-out service is just one step in eliminating its availability. There are many other sites that may provide similar information found on our site. Public records sites, search engines, social networking sites and other online companies provide different levels of information about individuals.

The customer can also contact their local utility companies, courthouses and/or county offices to determine what information is being made available; and how to have it removed.

To accurately suppress that data, we recommend the customer follow the ‘opt out’ process found on the Intelius website at http://www.intelius.com/privacy-faq.php#5 . We do require the individual’s identity to be verified prior to processing an opt out; however, if they do not feel comfortable faxing us their driver’s license or other state issued identification; they can send a notarized statement of their identity.

We appreciate your cooperation is resolving this issue apologize for any inconvenience.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2010

If you require further assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Jul 18, 2011

If you need further assistance with your Intelius account, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Jun 07, 2016

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Jul 14, 2016

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Aug 19, 2016

If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, if not canceled, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Comments

• Ly
      19th of Jan, 2008
    Pmidentity / Intelius - Unauthorized money removal from my account!
    PmIdentity

Intelius offered a 7-day free membership trial for pmidentity which I was unaware of. After the 7-day trial, $14.95 was deducted from my account in December and January without my permission.

• To
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Actually, a window gives you the option of continuing WITH the upgrade for the free trial, and clearly states that you will be charged in 7 days.

At the very bottom of the screen is a very small link that says, "no thanks, continue." And you would have not been signed up to that extra service.

• Ka
      1st of Feb, 2008
    Intelius - Scam and cheating!
    Intelius

It came to my attention that Intelius was going to have an unlisted/cell phone listing and that people would be able to obtain these numbers. In attempting to find out if I was included I then learned that someone would have to pay to obtain it, but none the less they can obtain if. There are reasons that people have unlisted/cell phone numbers and that is sometimes so specific people cannot find them. Personal SAFETY is the issue!!!! I can't imagine what your company will do when someone pays to get a number and restarts their harassment or is then able to find someone and then the found person is killed. Just something to think about.

• Gf
      7th of Feb, 2008
    Intelius - Online scam!
    Virginia

BEWARE OF SERVICES FROM Intelius. I registered with Intelius a few days ago and paid for one of their services. After 2 days, my Credit Card was billed by PMIdentity.CO. I was surprised how my Card info got to them. I immediately contacted PMIdentity (privacymattersidentity.com). They told Intelius passed the number to them!!! Then I contacted Intelius. They informed me that once I put in an email in their system (by the way, which is required for registration), they will pass my info to other companies.

Now I am really worried - to whom all have the passed my Credit Card info to. Beware of services for Intelius.

• De
      28th of Feb, 2008
    Intelius - Unauthorized billing

DO NOT use this service!!! After paying for a ONE TIME ONLY fee....they have continuously billed my card for over 6 months! They didn't stop, so I had to change my card number and account and block any future use on my account by this company! They rip you off if you don't check your statements ALL THE TIME. One time use .....B.S. they only mean giving them your number once yet they continually charge you. Reports have been sent to the Better Business Bureau!

28th of May, 2008

I have had the same problem and found debit charges to my account oing back to March. When I called to have them refunded the agent said she could only refund the last month. I asked for a supervisor and all four charges for 19.95 each were refunded. I just saw another one for Value Max ( got my info. from Intelius) and I had to have that refunded as well.
    DO NOT USE INTELIUS I do not know how they get away with it.

• Lo
      28th of May, 2008
    Intelius - Unauthorized credit card charge
    Identity Matters ~ Intellius
    500 108th Ave NE
    Bellevue
    Phone: (425) 974-6100
    www.intelius.com

I signed up to find an old friend and opted to pay $7.90 for the information. One week later, a $19.95 charge showed up on my credit card after the $7.90 charge.

I called the toll free number on my credit card statement and discovered that I was signed up for an identity protection program I've never heard of.

I called the number, sat on hold for 5 minutes, reached a nice lady who said she would reverse the charges.

Since my credit card comes out of my bank account, I would not have known I had less money in my account if I didn't check the balance daily.

These people are crooks.

I am very web savvy and I know when I've approved a transaction.

I'm also reporting them to the Better Business Business Bureau.

• Ro
      29th of May, 2008

I BOUGHT THE PREMIUM PACKAGE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE SOCIAL SECURITY SEARCHES BACK GROUND AND ALL OTHER CHECKS AND EVERY TIME I SEARCH THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME I'M GOING TO HAVE MY LAWER CHECK INTO THIS AND REPORT IT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BEURO A FRAUD AND DESPUTE PAYMENT WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AS FRAUD

• Je
      29th of May, 2008

I called one of thier services and complained about it. they claim they are going to refund me for the past 6 months. We'll see what happens. These people sell your private information to other "services" and when you talk to them, they claim that you are the one at fault.

• Kr
      14th of Jun, 2008
    Intelius - Theft
    Intellius
    US
    Massachusetts
    www.intelius.com

Here is what they had to say - it speaks for itself! "Thank you for your inquiry. Due to present economic conditions, regrettably Intelius does not have sufficient cash reserves to service our backlog of refund requests. Be assured, we are doing everything in our power to rectify the situation. Our analysts estimate that funds will be available to post your refund on or before February 16, 2012. Please accept our apologies, and we appreciate your patience in this matter. We look forward to serving your information needs in the future."

• Ro
      14th of Jun, 2008
    Intelius Search Service - Fraud
    Connecticut
    Phone: 888-445-2727

Amazing and illegal!! I signed up for a simple people finder check. I was delivered minimal information and they charged me $25.80.

The real issue is that they illegally transfer my name and credit information to services such as PMIdentity and 24Protectplus and both charged my credit card $19.95 without any authorization. I called both companies and they politely removed me from their account list and indicated they would reimburse me for the charges (yet to be determined). It's amazing when I called both companies with different numbers that the SAME representative answered the phone!! She also told me that this information came directly from Intelius.

Who can we get involved at the Gov level to stop this fraud?

• Sh
      15th of Jun, 2008

I could not agree more. They are a rip off any they admit it.. CCR emailed me and stated "they already took my money and spent it, there is no such room for negotiation. Plus, we don't even CARE. Tell the BBB that Dupa Dan sent you...what a [censored]...well Stupa Dan we shall see!!!

• Ab
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I work at a class action law firm and we are investigating this issue with Intelius. I am interested in talking to people and hearing about their experiences. Please contact me at abby1100ny@yahoo.com if you’ve had problems with Intelius or if you have any questions on this investigation. Thanks, Abigail.

• Cl
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I was charged $19.95 for a service I never ordered. All I'd asked for was a $2.95 identity check. Please refund and unsubscribe.

25th of Sep, 2008
    Intelius - Unauthorized charge
    13225 Crystal Way
    Autin
    Texas
    Phone: 512-288-3235

I did a $.99 trial lookup on the Intellius site. I did not take the survey or take any other action on the sit. About 2 weeks later, I received a charge for $19.95 for unspecified membership. Apparently, this is some kind of identity protection, but I did not provide any information that would allow the company to provide such protection. Looking at the new, I am but one in many caught by this scam. Fortunately, USAA was quick to void the transaction.

• Su
      17th of Oct, 2008
    Intelius - Cheating on my Credit Card
    500 108th Ave NE Ste 2500
    Bellevue
    Phone: (888) 445-2727
    intelius.com

Last year I used their service for 1 time. However, the company kept charged me through my credit card every month!. I called them they stopped charged.
    However, few months later I noticed that in my new credit card was charged by their company without my authorization. I called them they refunded the latest month to me. I never thought they would do this to me!!! I don't think they are allowed to do this to any consumer! All I need is to have them refund all the money back. I am not sure How many customer they did like this??? I would like to report that this company is a scam!!! They are a fraud company!
    I wish somebody can make them stop cheating!!
    Please help

17th of Oct, 2008

please cancel any subcription did not sign up for one it was a one time deal of 4.95 not 19.95 as many times you want it please return my money and leave my account alone

• Ra
      30th of Oct, 2008
    Intelius - Unathorized Charges

Called customer service and was on hold for 25 minutes.
    E-mailed Intelius and informed them to cancel my subscription before I will be billed again. There was a charge of &39.80 for subscription fee and ask to credit these charges immediately. And ordered the company to STOP charging fees to my credit card.
    Hope to hear from you soon. My credit card company is holding all charges and e-mailed them like 2 weeks ago. and no reply... Thank you...

• Ca
      1st of Nov, 2008
    Intelius - Unauthorized Purchase
    intelus.com

I went online to look for a friend and was offered a 1 x fee of .95 on the 18th of October 2008. My gmail was hit 4x by Intellius and because I was afraid to incur any additional charges I did not even open the mail.

To my suprise I was hit for another 19.95 on the 30th of October which I never authorized. When I looked at my 'account' it stated I was being charged another 19.95 on Novemeber 25th.

Their service is worthless to me. I would never consider paying 19.95 per month for their 'service'

3rd of Nov, 2008

I did not order this service and have notified my credit card company. I cannot find anywhere to let you know this.

Please do not charge to my credit card. You have fraudently scammed me. I will not pay anthing for this service as I never ordered it.

STOP BILLING ME.