[Resolved] Intelius / fraud alert
I am very peeved!!! I happened to look at my account online and saw that INTELIUS charged me for a service that I NEVER signed up for. I used it once for .95cent search and it never said anything about a monthly service fee. THIS IS FRAUD!!! And of course they are not open on the weekend. They just take your money without you even knowing!!! I will be calling the BBB and reporting them!!! This company was talked about on my local news channel that I found out about after the fact. Now I am going to have to change all of my account info so that I can protect mysel[censored] DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A FRAUD AND A MAJOR RIP OFF!!! TIMES ARE HARD ENOUGH WITHOUT COMPANIES LIKE THESE RIPPING HARD WORKING PEOPLE OFF!!!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 14, 2009
If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.
However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.
Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.
More Intelius Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- Intelius - scam!!! they are stealing my money!!!
- Intelius - complaint 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising
- Intelius - intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.