Insurex, Allstate, USAA / harrassment, threats

My community college attending daughter was in a fender bender in her car (registered to me) and I thought we were insured. Due to some technicality that I'm still trying to figure out, Allstate says that we were not covered on the date of her accident. USAA sent me a bill for the $8, 000+ they said they paid to their client (for a broken head light?), followed the next week by harrassing calls from their collection agent, Mary Tomio at Insurex Inc. Mary threatened that if I don't pay the entire $8, 000 my own car license and registration will be revoked, wages garnished, etc. She offered no option for a payment plan, and didn't care that I'm appealing Allstate's decision. My complaint is against Allstate (I've been a customer for 33 years but can't say that "I'm in good hands"); USAA and their collection agency Insurex, and against the insurance industry as a whole. Why do we pay extra for uninsured/underinsured motorist on our insurance premium if they then turn around and collect/harrass/threaten anyone that they can for any amount that they have had to pay out? Meanwhile, the former CEO of Allstate (who is now CEO of AIG) was paid $17 million a year!

Comments

28th of Oct, 2010

I totally agree with this post. I had a similar situation with my insurance company and Insurex was the collection agent. I have never been treated so rudely my entire life and it was not just by one of the employees it was a number of them. Insurex reminds me of a modern day 3rd. Reich, an absolutely HORRIBLE group of people!!!