Indian Railway / no ticket even after payment!

1 India Review updated:

I tried to book the railway ticket from internet from chennai to delhi on 30th sep. After payment I got a message "your session has been expired". And the amount of the ticket has already been transfered from my account.

Beware people!

Sa

Comments

• Pr
      23rd of Oct, 2007

Sir, I have a doubt. Pl. clarify. If more than one passenger books a single ticket to a particular destination, and if any one of them alight one station before the destination, can he take a photocopy of the ticket and show at the gate. If so, whether any attestation is required in the xerox copy of the ticket. Kindly clarify.

• Su
      18th of Apr, 2008

Hi,
    Recently i purchased ATVM card and used it for 3 months.
    After some time the card could not be read my the ATVM machine. So i asked the issuing person to replace it. He promplty agreed to do it but also charged my 10 rs saying that the card is maintained by CMC.

Why should customer pay for something that is defective and which should ideally be replaced by the vendor? Is this the way of looting public and making railways profitable???

• Ra
      18th of Apr, 2008
    Indian Railway - Excess money taken on counter no. 495
    India

Excess money taken by b. R. Singh at counter no. 495 sarojini nagar, new delhi while making ticket holding pnr no. 621 - 4475984 and pnr no. 251 - 0608551 indian railway

• Pr
      15th of Aug, 2009

respected indian railways operated officer
    i am going to pune to delhi
    i am issue waitlist tickets from the irctc internet eticket
    but ticket is not confirm & ticket checher say you are without tickets & you pay ticket charge + penalty
    & say eticket automatic cancel & credit refund in your account
    so please valid waitlist etickets or cancel eticket so refund full print amount ( no deduct any chargers )
    & sir tatkal tickets booking not 5 days not 2 days but dest option is book 3 days
    & 9017 saurashtra janata tatkal quota seat increase present 33 seats tatkal quota (best option is 72 seat)
    from pratap bhanushali (plbhanushali@gmail.com) 9220577031

• Ap
      17th of Oct, 2009

i encountered a severe misbehavior during the process of getting reservation for my father in a train. my father had to travel from bilaspur to nagpur and then from there to hyderabad in consecutive time period.the clerk sitting at the reservation counter got us the reservation from bilaspur to nagpur and told us that there was 'no room' in the train in which the reservation had to be done from nagpur to hyderabad. he took the whole amount for the journey but didnt get us the reservation for the next train that we specified.my first reaction was a suprise as i had already checked the availability of seats in the specified train.i told informed him about the same. he very rudely replied and denied to check it again. he was not at all ready to listen to us and just started shouting on us. i was dissappointed as i had already wasted my 45 minutes time standing in the queue and my inconvinience was but obvious. i along with my sister went to the enquiry counter as it was next to impossible for me to believe that all seats in a train could get reserved in 1 hour duration. in the enquiry counter the clerk as expected told us that seats are available in the train. so i told him about what all happened with us in the previous counter. a lady clerk who was watching us since last hour called us to the next counter and got our seat reserved.

• Ss
      18th of Nov, 2009

My self I am Sriram aged around 37 years and I am 6” 1’heght.What I am expressed my agony that when i was traveling from Ongole to Bangalore in Seshadri express i feel the travel is as hell in a situation that I was allotted SIDE UPPER BEARTH on 17-10-2009 the upper fan was hit my head and the pain was un bearable finally I understood that The railway authorities are failed to reinstate the seats in correct position of SIDE BEARTHS which were dislocated to provide 3 seats while seating arrangements

S.Sriram, Ongole