Indane Gas Tucs - Chennai / very negligent emergency services

I had a problem with my LPG cylinder. The washer was loose and the regulator was not fitting on it, when we tried to contact the local gas distributor-Indane TUCS kilpauk area, no one gave a proper reply, and then with great difficulty got two phone numbers of their service people 24452132 & 23453425 but there is no response on those numbers... We even tried the "in case of emergency" number on the gas bill, i.e. 26612288 but we didn't get any response on that number also... We had to then call a local service guy to set it right as we had cooking work to be done...

Its hard to believe that such a big company has such an irresponsible and negligent emergency service...

N  9th of Aug, 2008 by
I had a similar problem today, but could not find the emergency numbers. I took the number you had given and they gave another number 26258245. Someone picked up and a person was promptly at my doorstep within 20 minutes and rectified the problem. Amazingly quick at 9 o'clock in the night on a Saturday !
A  13th of Aug, 2008 by
I completely agree on it. Even we have complained that our gas cylinder is leaking and no response at all.
A  27th of Oct, 2008 by
Yes, I agree with you,
The cylinders are supplied without the washer in it. we recived 2 times like that, No one is taking the complinent to rectify. Then we our self took the washer from old cylinder to replace it.

we got another common problem in receiving the gas cylinder, we have not received the cylinder even after 30 days of registration. No proper answer from the agencies.
N  6th of Dec, 2008 by
Respected Sir,

M/s. Shivshankar Agencies, No.14, Kunrathur Road, Chennai - 116, Tel No. 044-24827924/ 24826490/ 24825867. All the phones are not reachable through out the day.

We are getting engaged tone through out the day during office hours. It is just not possible to book the cylinder refill through the phone, and by luck if we get the line after everlasted trying for more than three to four days, they will take the booking and we will get the cylinder only after 14 to 15 days. Sometimes when we get fed up of not getting line for more than a week, we go directly at the agency office for booking, but the concerned person over there, behaves so rudely, abusing the consumers in a bad manners using unparlimentary words. when we said to them that we will report this kind of bad activity to the Indane Gas higher authority, they replied that "they cannot pluck even a single hair from us". We got shocked for such a kind of reply from them.

Pls if u can take any action against this, it will be very helpful not only for me but to the entire mass.
If u r not able to take any action against this i shall complaint in the consumer forum, human rights commission and to the press for such kind of rude behaviour and the words being used by them.

I request to look into this issue by the concerned Authorities & take the necessary actions as we have good faith in Indane Gas.

Awaiting for a fruitful result.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

N  18th of Jan, 2011 by
i am booked indane gas in sri sirinvasa gas agency, till now not received

thanks & regards
A  17th of Feb, 2013 by
I called the toll free complaint number and registered GAS LEAK today 17th Feb 2013 @ 10:45AM, Complaint# 836221 and gave my mobile #. I was told some one will call back and attend to it. Now the time is 10:35PM till now no one bothered to call back.

I did call the north & central chennai emergency number for the whole day and the number was always BUSY. When contacted our delivery man he gave another mechanic number but he told he is out on a personal work and will come after 6PM but never turned up.
This is how a emergeny call is being handled in chennai. Whole of today we could not turn on the GAS. VERY VERY POOR CUSTOMER EMERGENCY SERVICE.

NO ONE CARES IF YOU WILL LIVE OR DIE because of GAS leak. So pathetic service, dont know when the emergency will really be taken and serviced as emergency in INDIA.

When I tried to register the feedback with http://webapp.indianoil.co.in/paribhavam/, after properly registering in the website, i got the below error

Error while inserting into master complaint table. Exiting now.

J. Ramesh